Choose the perfect vacation rental
Romantic Getaway in Virginia: Top Destinations
Discover Virginia for an Idyllic Romantic Getaway
Romantic Getaway in Virginia: Top Accommodations
The Best Destinations for a Romantic Getaway in Virginia
Virginia is for lovers, so they say! You and your significant other will have a lovely time, whether you're looking to spend time in nature, hit the beach, or enjoy history and culture.
Set in the Shenandoah Valley and home to the Appalachian Trail Community, this town has an array of trails for you to explore. Pop into the Plumb House and delve into the history of the Civil War era, then stop at one of the nearby wineries on your way back to your accommodation.
Located in southwest Virginia, this spot is an epic outdoor lovers’ paradise. Relax on the patio of your majestic cabin and enjoy quality time amid the lulling sounds of adjacent waterfalls. Alternatively, hop onto a boat and venture into the north-flowing New River for a fishing excursion.
3. Virginia Beach
First Landing State Park is an excellent place for a picnic lunch. For something different, head to the Virginia Aquarium and immerse yourself into the local ocean life. End your tour with a delicious meal at the charming piano bar at Aldo’s Ristorante.
4. Chincoteague Island
With sandy beaches and a world-famous herd of wild ponies living on the adjacent nature reserve Assateauge Island, an escape to Chincoteague is a must for animal enthusiasts. This quaint island is known for plentiful local seafood and a small-town feel, while on Assateague, you can bike, hike, and hit the beach.
Best Places to Stay for Romantic Getaway in Virginia
What to Do During Your Romantic Getaway in Virginia
Virginia offers both outdoor adventure and plenty of ways to relax. You and your significant other can make the most of your vacation the state with a mix of both.
For the best sunset views, consider a hike up the Stony Man Summit in Shenandoah National Park. Other sunset viewing spots include the Hazeltop Ridge Overlook, the Point Overlook, and the Rockytop Overlook.
Mountains, old mines, and rock formations present plenty of hiking opportunities in Virginia. Put on your sturdiest boots and explore the Devil’s Marbleyard for an incline with the most amazing trails in Virginia. Over in George Washington National Forest, a trek to the Crabtree Falls leads you to some of the tallest, most magnificent waterfalls east of the Mississippi River.
In Virginia Beach, head out to deeper waters on a whale-watching excursion. Besides the chance to see these magnificent creatures, you’ll also get to view Virginia's beautiful coastline from a whole new angle.
Virginia features an array of opportunities to anglers of every skill level. Rent a boat, venture into Chesapeake Bay (or the Atlantic Ocean, if you have the skills), and see if you come home with a catch of catfish, flounder, or blue crabs, depending on the waterways you visit.
There's also life after dark in Virginia. Stop at the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Virginia Beach for some rib-cracking skits, or take in a show at the Signature Theatre in Arlington. If you find yourself in historic Richmond, you can head out on the town in the evening around Downtown.
Recommended Accommodations for Romantic Getaway in Virginia
Romantic Restaurants in Virginia
There’s more to romantic getaways in Virginia than hiking, water sports, and nightlife. From French-inspired eateries to tapas bars, Virginia is home to an excellent culinary scene.
Located near the Virginia Beach boardwalk, this restaurant offers the best of locally grown produce, as well as fresh seafood, cocktails, and a range of excellent New American cuisine served in a chic setting.
2. La Petite Auberge
Nestled between picturesque book stores and cafes at the heart of Fredericksburg, this eatery offers traditional French cuisine elegantly served in an intimate atmosphere. Enjoy lobster soup and chocolate marquise as you listen to soothing jazz music.
Upgrade your date night at this stunning French restaurant set in the middle of Falls Church. Treat yourself to a plate of delicious lobster with mashed potatoes amid unique interior waterfalls, koi ponds, and a lake view.
4. Heritage Restaurant
At this Richmond spot, you can treat yourselves to cocktails and New American cuisine in a trendy location.
Top Offers for Romantic Getaway in Virginia
Information about Romantic Getaways in Virginia
|📏 Average home size||218 m²|
|🥳 Busiest month||July|
|🛏️ Popular home types||Apartment rental and House rental|
|🌡️ Hottest months||July and June|
|❄️ Coldest months||28 °F in February and January|
|🌧️ Rainiest months||15 rainy days in July and June|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many one-bedroom vacation homes are available to book in Virginia?
You can find more than 41,127 homes to rent in Virginia with nightly prices starting from $76 per night.
What types of vacation homes can i book for Romantic Getaways in Virginia?
You can choose from 1,924 Apartment rental and 6,203 House rental for Romantic Getaways in Virginia on HomeToGo.
Romantic Getaways in Virginia: How much does it cost to rent a vacation rental in Virginia?
HomeToGo has incredible rentals for Romantic Getaways in Virginia, with retes as low as $76 per night.
Can I find a vacation home for a group of guests for Romantic Getaways in Virginia?
The average size for a House rental is 218 m² and may fit 8 guests on average which is great for large groups.
Are there affordable couple's getaways in Virginia?
Single bedroom vacation rental prices in Virginia start at just $76 and can go up to $393 per night.
Can you find vacation rentals in Virginia offer a pool?
Of course, over 45% of couples accommodations in Virginia offer a pool.
The Weather in Virginia
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Virginia
Vacation Rental Price Information in Virginia
Vacation Rental Availability in Virginia
Rental availability information in Virginia
Romantic Getaways in Virginia Inspiration
- Romantic Getaway in Adirondack
- Romantic Getaway in Asheville
- Romantic Getaway in Austin
- Romantic Getaway in Boston
- Romantic Getaway in Cape Cod
- Romantic Getaway in Charleston
- Romantic Getaway in Connecticut
- Romantic Getaway in Denver
- Romantic Getaway in Gatlinburg
- Romantic Getaway in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaway in Hot Springs
- Romantic Getaway in Houston
- Romantic Getaway in Indianapolis
- Romantic Getaway in Iowa
- Romantic Getaway in Kansas
- Romantic Getaway in Kansas City
- Romantic Getaway in Key West
- Romantic Getaway in Lake Tahoe
- Romantic Getaway in Las Vegas
- Romantic Getaway in Louisiana
- Romantic Getaway in Maine
- Romantic Getaway in Miami
- Romantic Getaway in Minnesota
- Romantic Getaway in Mississippi
- Romantic Getaway in Myrtle Beach
- Romantic Getaway in Nashville
- Romantic Getaway in New Hampshire
- Romantic Getaway in New Mexico
- Romantic Getaway in New Orleans
- Romantic Getaway in Orlando
- Romantic Getaway in Philadelphia
- Romantic Getaway in Pittsburgh
- Romantic Getaway in San Antonio
- Romantic Getaway in South Carolina
- Romantic Getaway in Virginia Beach
- Romantic Getaway in West Virginia
- Romantic Getaway in the Florida Keys
- Romantic Getaway in the Wisconsin Dells
- Romantic Getaways Bay Area
- Romantic Getaways in Arizona
- Romantic Getaways in Arkansas
- Romantic Getaways in Atlanta
- Romantic Getaways in California
- Romantic Getaways in Chicago
- Romantic Getaways in Georgia
- Romantic Getaways in Illinois
- Romantic Getaways in Indiana
- Romantic Getaways in Kentucky
- Romantic Getaways in Los Angeles
- Romantic Getaways in Maryland
- Romantic Getaways in Michigan
- Romantic Getaways in Missouri
- Romantic Getaways in New England
- Romantic Getaways in New Jersey
- Romantic Getaways in New York
- Romantic Getaways in New York City
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Romantic Getaways in San Diego
- Romantic Getaways in San Francisco
- Romantic Getaways in Seattle
- Romantic Getaways in St. Louis
- Romantic Getaways in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Utah
- Romantic Getaways in Vermont
- Romantic Getaways in Washington
- Romantic Getaways in Washington D.C.
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Romantic Getaways in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in the Poconos
- Romantic Getaways in the South
- Romantic Getaways on the East Coast
- Romantic Getaways on the Oregon Coast
- romantic getaways in Alabama
Top Vacation Ideas in Virginia
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Road Trips in Florida
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Skiing in Ohio
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- New Mexico State Parks
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Surfing Vacations in California
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Indiana State Parks
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Must-See Events in California
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Road Trips in Ohio
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Iowa
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Summer Vacations in Oregon
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- New York Music Venues
- California Music Venues
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- California Christmas Vacation
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- New York State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Vermont
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Florida
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Kansas State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Kentucky
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Colorado
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Summer Vacations in Arkansas
- December Travel in East Coast
- Airbnbs in Georgia
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Massachusetts
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- March Vacations in East Coast
- Lake Cabins in Texas
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Florida
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Connecticut
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in North Carolina
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Arizona Music Venues
- Colorado Music Venues
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Georgia State Parks
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Family Vacation in Utah
- March Vacations in Hawaii
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- December Travel in California
- Washington State Parks
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- South Carolina State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Oklahoma
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Maryland
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Pennsylvania
- Spa Getaways in New Jersey
- Ranch Vacation in Wyoming
- Summer Vacation East Coast
- December Travel in Florida
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Montana
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Utah
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Winter Sun Travel
Traveling with Friends