What better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than taking a trip away with your family. Fourth of July vacations mean having the chance to admire splendid fireworks, join in on a delicious barbecue, as well as visit some historical attractions to learn more about this significant day.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
4th of July in the USA: Top Destinations
Planning your Fourth of July Vacation
As the 4th of July approaches, travelers are looking to celebrate a little more than just Independence Day this year. With COVID-19 restrictions loosening in many states, Americans can enjoy the new freedom to book destinations all across the country and plan longer and farther trips!
Key Findings from HomeToGo's 4th of July 2021 Travel Forecast:
HomeToGo analyzed its vast search data to identify major travel trends for this 4th of July compared to pre-pandemic travel in 2019, revealing that travelers are:
- Heading South: According to HomeToGo’s search data, top trending regions include Florida (+455%), North Carolina (+399%), Georgia (+344%), Tennessee (+236%) and Texas (+230%), based on search demand compared to pre-pandemic travel in 2019.
- Hitting the Beach: HomeToGo’s top-searched beach destinations this 4th of July include Destin, Florida; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Panama City, Florida.
- Extending Their Stays: Long weekends have turned into long weeks, as the average duration of trips over the 4th of July is 8.8 days, +27% from 2019.
- Going the Distance: Travelers are hitting the roads and skies with the average search distance for vacation rentals on HomeToGo being 1,054 miles (+27% vs. 2019).
Top 10 Up-and-Coming Destinations for 4th of July 2021
From sunny beachside getaways to serene mountain retreats, HomeToGo examined the top five up-and-coming destinations travelers are considering for their 4th of July trips, based on search demand compared to 2019
Destinations were identified based on the number of U.S. searches for vacation rentals on HomeToGo.com between January 1, 2021 - June 11, 2021 for stays with a check-in date on 4th of July weekend, compared to the same period in 2019.
Average Daily Rate (ADR) is used to measure the average daily rate paid by the guest during the length of the reservation. It is calculated by dividing the total revenue earned by the host for the entire reservation by the number of booked nights. Prices shown are in USD and subject to change.
4th of July in the USA: Top Accommodations
Best 4th of July Destinations for Families
4th of July vacations are great fun for families, with plenty of activities geared towards children. Take your kids along on a weekend getaway and start your own family traditions for Independence Day.
Teach your children about the history behind the 4th of July celebrations with a visit to historic Boston. Celebrations start with the Independence Day parade to the Old State House, followed by a reading of the Declaration of Independence before the free Boston POPS concert and fireworks display which brings the festivities to a close.
2. Los Angeles
Join Mickey Mouse and friends as they celebrate the 4th of July at Disneyland with a special fireworks display and performances by military bands. Elsewhere, communities throughout the city hold their own celebrations, including fireworks in Hollywood and the 4th of July parade along Sunset Boulevard.
3. New York City
New York is the perfect 4th of July destination for families with older children and teenagers. Coney Island is where the action is during the day, including the infamous annual hot dog eating contest, while the evening highlight is the firework display on the banks of the East River.
Best Places to Stay for 4th of July in the USA
Best 4th of July Destinations for Budget Travelers
Getting away for the 4th of July weekend doesn't have to break the bank. Even travelers on a budget can still enjoy an unforgettable Independence Day vacation provided you choose the right destination and the right accommodation.
1. San Diego
Thanks to its location in southern California, you are virtually guaranteed sunny weather for 4th of July in San Diego. This means you can enjoy a cheap and cheerful Independence Day on the beach, watching the city's fireworks display as the sun goes down.
As you would expect from Music City, 4th of July celebrations in Nashville have a very musical theme, including a free show featuring big-name artists. Many of the bars and clubs are free to enter, allowing you to enjoy some authentic Nashville tunes for the price of a drink.
Great deals on hotel rooms make Atlanta a perfect choice for 4th of July vacations. Cheer on the runners taking part in the annual Peachtree Road Race before settling down to watch the fireworks and laser display which brings the day's celebrations to a close.
Recommended Accommodations for 4th of July in the USA
Best 4th of July Destinations for Couples
The 4th of July may be better known as a family celebration, but there is no reason you can't make your Independence Day vacation a romantic one too! Pick the right destination and enjoy celebrating the 4th of July with your special someone.
1. New Orleans
The Big Easy is a city which knows how to party, and the 4th of July is no exception! Take a romantic cruise on the Mississippi to watch the evening fireworks displays before joining the locals for drinking and dancing in the atmospheric clubs of the French Quarter.
Take your loved one to Miami for the 4th of July weekend and join the biggest party in Florida at Bayfront Park, where you can enjoy the sunshine and plenty of Pina Coladas before the evening fireworks display. Keep the celebrations going by dancing the night away at one of the city's many popular bars and nightclubs.
Head north to Chicago and enjoy an unforgettable romantic dinner cruise on Lake Michigan, the perfect way to watch the city's celebratory fireworks for Independence Day. If you prefer to keep things casual, there are free live music concerts throughout the day, while Navy Pier is the place to go if you want to enjoy some great BBQ while you watch the fireworks.
Top Offers for 4th of July in the USA
Frequently Asked Questions
4th of July Destinations: How much does it cost to rent a vacation home in the USA?
HomeToGo has great rentals for 4th of July Destinations, with prices as low as $32 per night.
Can I find a vacation rental for a group of guests for 4th of July Destinations?
Usually the size of a House rental is 197 m² and may fit 8 guests on average which is ideal for large groups.
What types of vacation homes are available for 4th of July Destinations?
You can choose from 162,043 Apartment rental and 721,706 House rental for 4th of July Destinations right here on HomeToGo.
4th of July Destinations Inspiration
- Atlanta Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Atlantic City Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Austin Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Boston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- California 4th of July Vacation
- Chicago Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Denver Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Florida 4th of July Vacation
- Houston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Lake Havasu Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Lake Tahoe Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Las Vegas Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Los Angeles Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Miami Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Nashville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- New Orleans Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- New York City Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Orlando Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Philadelphia Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- San Antonio Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- San Francisco Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- South Carolina 4th of July Vacation
- St. Louis Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
Top Vacation Ideas in the USA
- Christmas Markets in Chicago
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- South Padre Island Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Lake Havasu Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Family vacations in Florida
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Family Vacations in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Family Vacations in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Florida honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Georgia
- Road Trips in the USA
- Romantic Getaways in New England
- Family Vacations in California
- Christmas Markets in Philadelphia
- Summer Vacations in Colorado
- Road Trips in Florida
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Indiana State Parks
- Road Trips in Ohio
- Atlanta Hotels & Vacation Rentals for New Year's Eve
- Asheville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Christmas
- New Mexico State Parks
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Catskills Cabin Rentals
- Fort Myers Monthly Rentals
- Pet Friendly Rentals on Folly Beach
- Fall Getaway in New York City
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Leavenworth, WA Cabin Rentals
- Myrtle Beach Monthly Rentals
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Cherry Grove Beach
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Lake Gaston
- Pittsburg, NH Cabin Rentals
- Ski Destinations in the USA
- Pet-Friendly Rentals in Los Angeles
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Must-See Events in California
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Cocoa Beach
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Skiing in Ohio
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- San Francisco Monthly Rentals
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Corolla
- Surfing Vacations in California
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Trip in Baltimore
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Phoenix
- Asheville, NC Cabin Rentals
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Sedona
- Skiing in Aspen
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Helen
- Atlantic City Hotels & Vacation Rentals for New Year's Eve
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Broken Bow Cabin Rentals
- Hotels in Seattle
- Hotels in Denver
- Pet Friendly Rentals in the Florida Keys
- Pet-Friendly Rentals in Siesta Key
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Cocoa Beach Vacations
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Lake George
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Myrtle Beach Hotels & Vacation Rentals for the 4th of July
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Pet Friendly Rentals on the Palm Coast
- Lake Tahoe Monthly Rentals
- Valentines in Boston
- Virginia Beach Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Christmas
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Topsail Island
- December Travel on the East Coast
- Hotels in Portland, Oregon
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Jacksonville
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Houston
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Romantic Getaway in Cape Cod
- Road Trips in Nashville
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- Family Vacation in Denver
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Kansas State Parks
- Valentines in San Diego
- Girls Trip in Las Vegas
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Hocking Hills
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont