Hot weather, a vibrant party scene, and live music beautifully represent the typical Spring Break in Texas during March. Whether you are planning a spring break vacation with friends or family, there will be a plethora of activities to enjoy in Texas.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Spring Break in Texas: Top Destinations
Spring Break in Texas: Top Accommodations
Best Beaches in Texas for Spring Break
Nestled along the Gulf of Mexico, Texas boasts some exceptional beaches that are worth checking out during Spring Break. Texas beaches have been the perfect Spring Break vacation spots for college students looking to have a great time for more than half a century. Without a doubt, the following beaches offer guests ample opportunity for fun and sun along the water.
1. Best Beaches in Texas for Spring Break
2. South Padre Island
South Padre Island is the ultimate spring break destination for party enthusiasts. Every year, students on break from school and college head to South Padre Island for partying on the beach. The island hosts an annual spring break concert — complete with DJs. Families will also find plenty of things to do here, including dolphin watching, sailing, kiteboarding, and a wide range of excellent dining options.
3. Port Aransas
Also known as Port "A" among vacationers, it often gives South Padre Island a run for its money as a popular Spring Break destination. While Port Aransas's beaches offer many of the typical Spring Break activities, the nearby Mustang Island is loaded with condos and plenty of white sandy beaches. On the Mustang Island, watersports enthusiasts can enjoy kayaking, while adventure addicts will love hunting for hidden treasure.
4. Galveston Island
Sun yourself on this spectacular Gulf Coast island. Stewart Beach gets packed with visitors during spring break, so if you feel a bit overwhelmed, take a walk through the Seawall Boulevard, or take part in festivals and concerts on East Beach. Relax on sandy beaches, get an adrenaline rush at Schlitterbahn Water Park, or explore the exhibits at Moody Gardens. There is plenty to do and see in this coastal town.
Best Places to Stay for Spring Break in Texas
Best Family Spring Break Destinations in Texas
Not everyone seeking a Spring Break in Texas wants to party all the time. Texas also offers myriad of attractions for a perfect spring break vacation with the family.
1. Best Family Spring Break Destinations in Texas
Texas’s entertainment capital makes for a fantastic spring break filled with great food and electrifying music. During the spring break, the three-week music festival known as SXSW takes over the city. This festival turns Austin into a music hub, where live music can be found all over. Although Austin is known as the live music capital of the world, the city has other sights worth exploring; such as a trip to the Texas State Capitol or outing at the Barton Creek Greenbelt.
3. San Antonio
San Antonio provides both a lively city vibe and incredible outdoor recreation. Although it's not considered a big party destination for spring breakers, it’s still an awesome place with a number of attractions to visit. Explore the Alamo Mission during the day or enjoy a world-famous urban waterway at the San Antonio River Walk.
4. San Marcos
San Marcos is the home of Texas State University and an excellent spot to spend some time on a spring break vacation in Texas without the college crowd. Enjoy some popular water activities including rafting, tubing, and kayaking in the San Marcos River.
Recommended Accommodations for Spring Break in Texas
Best Big Cities in Texas for Spring Break
Explore the Southern charm of Texas during your spring break vacation. Take a trip to Dallas's Klyde Warren Park, or venture through Houston for space-themed attractions, or visit El Paso for iconic monuments.
Home to the U.S. Space Center, Houston offers a once-in-a-lifetime spring break experience. Kids can have lots of fun at the Houston Zoo or Downtown Aquarium. Hop on the city's Hop-On-Hop-Off bus to explore historic landmarks.
Take the Uptown Dallas Food Tour to sample authentic southern dishes and cocktails. Enjoy leisurely strolls through the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, or spend an entertaining evening at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. Peek into the Texan history by visiting the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
3. El Paso
Be sure to take a ride on the Wyler Aerial Tramway to enjoy the scenic beauty of El Paso or let your kids have fun at the Western Playland amusement park. Indulge in rock climbing at Hueco Tanks State Park for the adrenaline rush. El Paso is famed for nightlife, with Club Black Pearl and Castillo’s Night Club being some of the most beloved spots to enjoy yourself.
Top Offers for Spring Break in Texas
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Texas
Vacation Rental Price Information in Texas
Vacation Rental Availability in Texas
Rental Availability Information in Texas
Texas Spring Break Vacation Inspiration
- California Spring Break Vacation
- Daytona Beach Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Destin Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Florida Spring Break Vacation
- Fort Lauderdale Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Hilton Head Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Key West Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lake Havasu Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Las Vegas Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Miami Beach Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Miami Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Myrtle Beach Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nevada Spring Break Vacation
- New Orleans Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Palm Springs Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Panama City Beach Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- San Diego Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- South Carolina Spring Break Vacation
- Spring Break Destinations
- Spring Break Destinations East Coast
- Spring Break Destinations Midwest
- Spring Break in Alabama
- Spring Break in Anthem
- Spring Break in Arizona
- Spring Break in Arkansas
- Spring Break in Atlanta
- Spring Break in Broward County
- Spring Break in Chicago
- Spring Break in Clearwater Beach
- Spring Break in Clemson
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Spring Break in Columbia
- Spring Break in Corpus Christi
- Spring Break in Fort Myers
- Spring Break in Fort Myers Beach
- Spring Break in Galveston
- Spring Break in Georgia
- Spring Break in Gulf Shores
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Spring Break in Lake Tahoe
- Spring Break in Los Angeles
- Spring Break in Malibu
- Spring Break in Michigan
- Spring Break in Nashville
- Spring Break in New Jersey
- Spring Break in New York
- Spring Break in New York City
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Spring Break in Orlando
- Spring Break in Port Aransas
- Spring Break in Seattle
- Spring Break in Tennessee
- Spring Break in Utah
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Spring Break in Virginia
- Spring Break in Wisconsin
- Spring Break near Lake Powell
- Virginia Beach Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals