Texas offers honeymooners some of the most fascinating locales to begin a new life together. Inexpensive getaways in remote, unique landscapes coupled with adrenaline-pumping activities are just a few reasons why Texas is where it's at.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Romantic Getaway in Texas: Top Accommodations
The Best Destinations for a Romantic Getaway in Texas
Bigger than Germany, Ireland, Scotland, and Belgium put together, Texas is huge. From the hip cities of Austin and Dallas to smaller historic towns with winding backroads, you'll be spoilt for choice. Music, rodeo, art, and the jaw-dropping landscapes of the Wild West will feature in your honeymoon album for sure.
1. Padre Island National Seashore
Experience Texas's rugged coastal beauty at the world's largest undeveloped barrier island. Watch sea turtles, coyotes, deer, and ghost crabs going about their daily affairs.
2. Lower Laguna Madre
Gentle, calm waters and strong winds off the Gulf of Mexico make the area between Port Isabel and South Padre Island a favorite among surfers and kiteboarders. Try your hand at something new with your life partner, or show off your skills.
3. Palo Duro Canyon
Formed as a result of millions of years of water erosion, Palo Duro is one of the most picturesque landscapes in the Texas Panhandle. Here, in the "Grand Canyon of Texas," indulge in horseback riding, hiking, and mountain climbing.
Right out of a Mills and Boon romance novel, the town of Bastrop lies on the shores of the idyllic Colorado River, a mere 30 miles from Austin. Tour vintage homes that ooze centuries of history before enjoying some live music (such as banjo, bluegrass, country, and folk) at any of the town's intimate bars.
Whoever said that big city life wasn't romantic hasn't experienced Austin. Catch a sunset spectacle at Mount Bonnell, which affords terrific views of Lake Austin and the downtown lights. Observe intricate courtship rituals between the peacocks at Mayfield Park, or take a watercolor class at the Laguna Gloria Museum with your partner. For an elegant evening, see a ballet at the stately Paramount Theater.
Best Places to Stay for Romantic Getaway in Texas
What to Do During Your Romantic Getaway in Texas
The opportunities for romantic getaways in Texas are numerous. Choose from the wealth of activities on land, in the water, or even in the skies! No matter what you decide to do, your Texas honeymoon will be an affair to remember.
1. Horseback riding in Denton
Escape from the big city to the friendly community town of Denton, where you and your spouse can gallop beside each other through lush green fields. Beginner sessions are offered, too.
2. Step back in time at the Texas State Railroad
Embark on a journey far from the city lights amid inky black skies with your loved one, and whiz through the landscapes of East Texas. The historical narration and beverage service are nice touches.
3. Ride the Classic Red Austin Biplane
You can also take to the skies sitting in the cockpit of a biplane, looking down at the glistening Lake Travis, before descending into Austin's spectacular city lights. Love is in the air!
4. Cliff jump at Jacob's Well
Take a leap of faith into the crystal-clear waters of Jacob's Well in Wimberley. The well is part of one of Texas's longest underwater cave systems.
5. Embrace the spectacular landscapes at Big Ben National Park
Imagine holding hands surrounded by ancient limestone canyons and rivers. Kayak, boat, or cycle through the vast landscapes, and make unforgettable honeymoon memories.
Recommended Accommodations for Romantic Getaway in Texas
Romantic Restaurants in Texas
Texas spoils honeymooners with its profusion of farm-to-table dining options in a romantic, unpretentious atmosphere. Expect artisanal cheeses, organic herbs, and farm-raised rabbit and fish among other delights.
1. Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House
This award-winning Dallas restaurant has been around since 1993 under the watchful eye of chef Richard Chamberlain. They've got it all, from smoked pork belly, lobster bisque, and bison meatballs to a host of vegetarian options. Why not enjoy a cigar and steak in their secluded cigar lounge?
2. Cafe Central
An El Paso fixture since 1918, this electrifying restaurant combines century-old traditions with modern influences. Seafood enthusiasts shouldn't miss the baked escargot, octopus carpaccio, and grilled calamari.
Taste "America's best breakfast" at Maxine's in Bastrop, a bakery-café that's an absolute throwback to the fifties. Dig into their legendary griddle cakes, waffles, and French toast, and wash it down with their delicious shakes or coffee.
4. The Grape
This New York-style restaurant describes itself as "classic urban bistro," and has stayed true to its roots since 1972. Bistro favorites include garlic & shrimp clams, roasted Amish chicken, and"coal miner's pasta." For dessert, try the dark chocolate terrine with brandied cherries.
Top Offers for Romantic Getaway in Texas
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Texas
Vacation Rental Price Information in Texas
Vacation Rental Availability in Texas
Rental Availability Information in Texas
Romantic Getaways in Texas Inspiration
- Romantic Getaway in Adirondack
- Romantic Getaway in Asheville
- Romantic Getaway in Austin
- Romantic Getaway in Boston
- Romantic Getaway in Cape Cod
- Romantic Getaway in Charleston
- Romantic Getaway in Connecticut
- Romantic Getaway in Denver
- Romantic Getaway in Gatlinburg
- Romantic Getaway in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaway in Hot Springs
- Romantic Getaway in Houston
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Romantic Getaway in Indianapolis
- Romantic Getaway in Iowa
- Romantic Getaway in Kansas
- Romantic Getaway in Kansas City
- Romantic Getaway in Key West
- Romantic Getaway in Lake Tahoe
- Romantic Getaway in Las Vegas
- Romantic Getaway in Louisiana
- Romantic Getaway in Maine
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Romantic Getaway in Miami
- Romantic Getaway in Minnesota
- Romantic Getaway in Mississippi
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Romantic Getaway in Myrtle Beach
- Romantic Getaway in Nashville
- Romantic Getaway in New Hampshire
- Romantic Getaway in New Mexico
- Romantic Getaway in New Orleans
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Orlando
- Romantic Getaway in Philadelphia
- Romantic Getaway in Pittsburgh
- Romantic Getaway in San Antonio
- Romantic Getaway in South Carolina
- Romantic Getaway in Virginia Beach
- Romantic Getaway in West Virginia
- Romantic Getaway in the Florida Keys
- Romantic Getaway in the Wisconsin Dells
- Romantic Getaways Bay Area
- Romantic Getaways in Arizona
- Romantic Getaways in Arkansas
- Romantic Getaways in Atlanta
- Romantic Getaways in California
- Romantic Getaways in Chicago
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Romantic Getaways in Illinois
- Romantic Getaways in Indiana
- Romantic Getaways in Kentucky
- Romantic Getaways in Los Angeles
- Romantic Getaways in Maryland
- Romantic Getaways in Michigan
- Romantic Getaways in Missouri
- Romantic Getaways in New England
- Romantic Getaways in New Jersey
- Romantic Getaways in New York
- Romantic Getaways in New York City
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in San Diego
- Romantic Getaways in San Francisco
- Romantic Getaways in Seattle
- Romantic Getaways in St. Louis
- Romantic Getaways in Utah
- Romantic Getaways in Vermont
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Romantic Getaways in Washington
- Romantic Getaways in Washington D.C.
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Romantic Getaways in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in the Poconos
- Romantic Getaways in the South
- Romantic Getaways on the East Coast
- romantic getaways in Alabama
- romantic getaways in Florida
- romantic getaways in Georgia
- romantic getaways in Tennessee
- the Oregon Coast