Choose the perfect vacation rental
Music Venues in Tennessee: Top Accommodations
The Most Iconic Music Venues in Tennessee
Tennessee has a tenacious claim to being the birthplace of American music. While most agree that country music originated in Bristol, Memphis' musical artists exerted a huge influence on blues, rock, and soul. Nashville's listening rooms are legendary. Come discover the venues that make America's arguably most musical state what it is.
The Tennessee Theatre is so integral to the heritage of the state that it has made it onto the National Register of Historic Places. Its 1920s gilded interior is opulent to a level that would dazzle even Gatsby, and its Mighty Wurlitzer organ has been restored to its original glory, producing sounds impossible to hear anywhere else.
A venue drenched in Tennessee history, the Orpheum Theater originally opened in 1890 under the banner of the Grand Opera House. Though that incarnation burned down in the Roaring 20s, much of the atmosphere of the original building has been transferred to the present building, which has hosted concerts, theater, and comedy for some 40 years.
Fans of the Ramones and the Marx Brothers will find a spiritual home in the Bijou Theater, which has hosted both groups. Once a venue for vaudeville theater, the present building virtually resonates with the sounds of indie, orchestra, and opera.
Rum Boogie Café
Make your way to Memphis's vibrant blues venue, Rum Boogie Café. Situated on famed Beale Street, it makes a musical mark with its dedication to the spirit of the blues. A host of happening performers keep the atmosphere buzzing, making it disarmingly easy to espouse the café's philosophy: "Eat. Drink. Boogie. Repeat."
Best Places to Stay for Music Venues in Tennessee
The Best Music Venues in Tennessee for Country Music
Country music was born in Tennessee, perhaps in these very venues. The boots of country royalty have tapped and trodden the boards of these sacred spaces. Come wet your whistle and be drenched in pioneer optimism and balladic yearning.
Widely considered a mecca for country music fans, Ryman has stood for more than 125 years. The very walls seem to echo with the performances of such greats as Louis Armstrong and Elvis Presley. Ryman Auditorium remains the beating heart of contemporary cowboy culture.
The Station Inn
The likes of Alan Jackson, Alison Krauss, and John Prine have blessed the boards of this Tennessee classic. Devoted to bluegrass and roots music, The Station Inn is one of Nashville's most revered musical venues. A necessary stop on any musical tour of the state, the Station Inn has heard some of the world's top country performers for more than 40 years.
The Bluebird Café
This listening room resounds with the collective glory of more than 30 years of honky-tonk high-rollers. A focal point for Nashville's singer-songwriter culture, the Bluebird Café supplies supreme performances every night of the week.
Recommended Accommodations for Music Venues in Tennessee
The Biggest Music Venues in Tennessee
While nothing beats a battered blues hole filled with equally battered regulars, the sheer scale of Tennessee's commitment to music is best reflected its mega-venues. Like giant ears, these amphitheaters have heard the planet's greatest musicians. Nothing beats joining in the mass hysteria of thousands of fervent fans stirred by a life-changing performance.
A sea of nearly 7,000 people makes Ascend Amphitheater one of the most exciting and largest venues in the state. Located on the Cumberland River in a former heating plant, Ascend Amphitheater has hosted Chicago, Earth, Wind & Fire, and a retinue of other A-list musicians.
New Daisy Theater
With a capacity of 1,000, this Memphis-based gem has been in business for more than 70 years. During that time, greats from just about all musical genres have played here. Bob Dylan, Jack White, and Nirvana are some of the renowned musicians to have sprung up at the New Daisy.
Boasting greats such as B.B. King, Billy Joel, and R.E.M., the list of performers to have graced the stage at Exit/In is impressive. The venue has grown in capacity from 200 people to some 500, demonstrating that Exit/In has a solid fan base of its own. The famous rock music venue stands out visually as well, adorned with a mural that pays homage to the legendary performances that have taken place here.
Top Offers for Music Venues in Tennessee
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do vacation rentals for Tennessee Music Venues cost?
HomeToGo has incredible rentals for Tennessee Music Venues, with prices as low as $66 per night.
What kinds of rentals can I find for Tennessee Music Venues?
You can find 22,276 Hotel rooms and 7,031 House rentals for Tennessee Music Venues right here on HomeToGo.
The Weather in Tennessee
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Tennessee
Vacation Rental Price Information in Tennessee
Vacation Rental Availability in Tennessee
Rental Availability Information in Tennessee
Tennessee Music Venues Inspiration
Top Vacation Ideas in Tennessee
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Family vacations in Florida
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Family Vacations in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Family Vacations in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Florida honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Romantic Getaways in Georgia
- Family Vacations in California
- Summer Vacations in Colorado
- Road Trips in Florida
- Road Trips in Oregon
- Family Vacations in Colorado
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- California Spring Break Vacation
- Beach Vacations in Virginia
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Road Trips in Ohio
- Indiana State Parks
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Must-See Events in California
- Spring Break in Colorado
- New Mexico State Parks
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Rhode Island State Parks
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- New York Music Venues
- Kansas State Parks
- New York State Parks
- Christmas Markets in New York
- California Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- California Music Venues
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Arizona Music Venues
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- Georgia State Parks
- Washington State Parks
- Family Vacation in Utah
- Spring Break in Vermont
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Colorado Music Venues
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- South Carolina State Parks
- Beach Vacations in Maine
- Spa Getaways in New Jersey
- Louisiana State Parks
- Alabama Beach Vacations
- Summer Vacation East Coast
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Pennsylvania
- Staycations in California
- Ranch Vacation in Texas
- Ranch Vacation in Wyoming
- Vermont Monthly Rentals
- Florida New Year's Eve Destinations
- Romantic Getaway in New Hampshire
- Family Vacations in Virginia
- Romantic Getaway in West Virginia
- Road Trips in New Mexico
- Skiing in Idaho
- Must-See Events in Virginia
- March Vacations in Florida
- Hot Springs Vacations in Arkansas
- Staycations in Virginia