Whether you're a history buff, a performing arts lover, a foodie, or anything in between, San Francisco offers something for everyone. Stay in a beautiful Victorian-style or modern San Francisco vacation home and experience it all.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Best Vacation Home Deals in San Francisco
Save up to 42%
Top-Rated Rentals and Accommodations in San Francisco
Book Vacation Rental Offers with the Highest User Rating
Recommended Vacation Rentals in San Francisco
Find your perfect vacation rental in San Francisco: from $69 per night
Budget-friendly Vacation Rentals in San Francisco
Find Fantastic yet Inexpensive Offers
Apartments and vacation rentals with a kitchen
Cook up a feast on your next vacation and book a San Francisco rental with full kitchen.
Vacation rentals with Wi-Fi
Stay connected while traveling and book a San Francisco accommodation with high-speed internet.
Apartments With Balconies or Patios
Looking for a home with a balcony? Check out these vacation homes in San Francisco with their own private patios and balconies.
Popular Rental Amenities in San Francisco
Above, you can find the most preferred filters in San Francisco and the number of rentals that include them. You can easily compare and find a property matching your criteria in San Francisco if you need internet access during your vacation or you prefer to make your own meals, as most accommodations include "Internet" and "Kitchen." It is also possible to search for a rental in San Francisco if you need a wheelchair accessible vacation rental as 2,474 of the properties there offer "Wheelchair accessible."
Waterfront Vacation Rentals in San Francisco
Searching for the perfect beach house rental in San Francisco?
The Weather in San Francisco
Find the San Francisco climate diagram. In the next 6 months, September will have higher average temperatures. Conversely, January is the coolest month in San Francisco, with temperatures going under 42° The rainiest month is January while the driest month is July.
7-Day Weather Forecast in San Francisco
Accommodations for your vacation in San Francisco
5 Family-friendly Restaurants in San Francisco
1. SoMa StrEat Food Park: Your kids will love to see a former school bus converted into a dining room. Specialties include Asian fusion and desserts.
2. Foreign Cinema: The Mediterranean flare gives the dishes at this joint a flavor that is irresistible to kids. There are movie screenings too.
3. MAC’D:Serving fries, bacon, and macaroni-and-cheese make it a kid’s favorite. There is also a great chicken noodle soup and buns.
4. Straw: A charming restaurant where the kids can have their fried chicken and brunch while sitting outdoors.
5. Pier 23 Café: The kids will love eating along the waterfront with amazing views. The live pop music in the evening will excite the young ones.
The plethora of dining options is simply a reflection of the diversity and appeal of this amazing city. Book a stay in a San Francisco vacation rental and experience it all for yourself!
Pleasant Weather All Year Round
One of San Francisco's most appealing aspects is its rarely-changing temperatures. Almost every day of the year is between 60 and 70 degrees, a pleasant effect of the cool currents from the nearby Pacific Ocean. Even the warmest and coolest months of the year (September and January) remain within this temperature range.
5 Must-See Sights Near Your San Francisco Vacation Home
1. Golden Gate Bridge
Staying in a San Francisco vacation rental allows you the freedom to visit San Francisco's many attractions at your own convenience. A must-see for any visitor is the Golden Gate Bridge. One of the most iconic structures in modern history, the Golden Gate Bridge has been in operation since 1937. Every day, during daylight, you can walk or bike along the bridge to take in beautiful views of the San Francisco Bay, or perhaps view the bridge from nearby Golden Gate Park.
Another famous landmark in San Francisco is the former prison of Alcatraz, located on an island in the bay. The site first housed a lighthouse (the first on the West Coast) before being converted to a prison, which was in use from 1934 to 1963. Some of America's most notorious criminals were housed in Alcatraz, including Al Capone. The building is now open for public viewing and is accessible by ferries that run frequently. Visitors can tour the prison on their own or follow along with an optional audio tour.
3. Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39
For an exciting day out with the family, visit Fisherman's Wharf along San Francisco Bay. This prime location offers excellent views of the bay and of Alcatraz. In addition, Fisherman's Wharf is home to an array of shops, restaurants, and attractions. From fish markets to the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, there is something for every family member to enjoy at Fisherman's Wharf. Pier 39 features a two-storey carousel, a video arcade, and an aquarium. Pier 39 is also an ideal destination to sample local seafood chowder. Kids will love the sea lions that sprawl lazily beside the water.
4. Twin Peaks
High above the city, a walk up either of these two hills provides stunning views over the cityscape and San Francisco Bay. A pleasant park sits atop the 922-foot high summit and is the perfect place to fly kites or simply take in the awesome cityscape below.
5. Golden Gate Park
Take a walk through Golden Gate Park's beautiful gardens, take a canoe ride on one of the lakes, or visit the famous De Young Museum. It's also close to the world-famous bridge that goes by the same name, so be sure to check out both during your San Francisco vacation.
A Rich Cultural Scene
A cosmopolitan city, San Francisco also boasts world-class art. With a variety of art museums, such as the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the Asian Art Museum, art lovers of all types are sure to be satisfied. But fear not, science buffs: San Francisco has something for you too! The California Academy of Sciences is a fascinating natural history museum, complete with an aquarium and planetarium.
If you or your friends are fans of the performing arts, you must visit the San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center, a 7.5-acre complex that hosts opera, ballet, lectures, plays, art exhibits, and more. The San Francisco Opera and the San Francisco Ballet are both housed in the complex, along with the San Francisco Symphony. At the nearby Veterans Building, you will find the San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery, where various contemporary art exhibits are displayed. If jazz is right up your alley, check out the program at the SF Jazz Center or explore a number of clubs on Fillmore Street.
The Best Activities for Families in San Francisco
Children love the Aquarium of the Bay, which is home to more than 20,000 marine animals. Catch a glimpse of rare aquatic creatures like otters, turtles, and different types of jellyfish! If that's not enough, head to the San Francisco Zoo, home to more than 1000 exotic and endangered animals. Time will fly as you introduce your children to the zebras, giraffes, hippos, and bears in this beautiful park.
The Walt Disney Family Museum doesn't provide recreational activities and thrilling rides on a par with Disneyland, but it does offer insight into Walt Disney's life and his creative genius. You’ll learn about the history and technology behind classic Disney movies and get to explore the interactive galleries presenting Walt Disney’s early sketches, drawings, and animation sequences.
Drop by the Exploratorium, a museum dedicated to explorations in all fields of life, from science to art. By booking a ticket ahead of time, you will be sure to access the popular Tactile Dome, a child-friendly tour in pitch darkness that encourages you to reconnect with your sense of touch. Nearby, take a look at Lombard Street, a San Francisco landmark with eight hairpin turns going down a steep slope. Watching drivers maneuver their cars around these narrow turns is entertaining in itself.
After a day of sightseeing, it's time for some sweets. Families love The Original Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop at Ghirardelli Square with its selection of delicious chocolates, ice-creams, and milkshakes. This place might just become your family’s favorite spot in San Francisco!
The 5 Best Neighborhoods in San Francisco
1. Potrero Hill: Wander through this relaxing residential neighborhood and discover its expansive views and peaceful ambiance.
2. Mission District and Bernal Heights: Browse the artisan shops, historic missions, and murals.
3. Castro: This is a working-class locale with a super lively nightlife. The Castro Theatre has a huge auditorium and ornate decorations.
4. Noe Valley: It's a delightfully sunny neighborhood with a family-friendly atmosphere. Pick up some fresh produce at the Noe Valley Farmers Market.
5. Hayes Valley: This is where you’ll find delicious eateries and cool boutiques that stock a range of fashions.
5 Important Annual Events in San Francisco
1. Pride: Visit San Francisco in June and join the LGBTQ community to celebrate diversity amid performances, parades, and parties.
2. Fleet Week: This free event attracts thousands of people to watch a full air show by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, a squadron for flight demonstrations.
3. Marathon: A running-event favorite, it will give you a chance to run across the Golden Gate Bridge through the Bay Area and the waterfront property.
4. Film Festival: Held in the Bay Area, this major cultural event showcases the work of leading filmmakers in the international film industry.
5. 4th July Fireworks: The most popular spots are Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf, which will be providing activities all day long, such as live music, street markets, games, and many refreshments. After this, visitors will have the chance to board a sightseeing boat to admire the firework show from the water
Self Catering in San Francisco
Staying in a San Francisco vacation rental guarantees that you will have access to the plentiful markets and food outlets of the city. No matter what cuisine you feeling like cooking up, you are sure to find many options that will suit every taste and budget. For authentic Chinese produce, visit one of the many Chinese food stores in Chinatown, or even consider getting takeout from one of the world-class Chinese restaurants. For Italian specialties, check out Little Italy and pick up some fresh pasta. You'll also find an abundance of retailers selling top-quality Japanese, Indian, and Mediterranean food, for you to take home to your San Francisco vacation rental.
Information about vacation rentals in San Francisco
|🏡 Vacation rentals available||6,198 homes|
|💳 Possible discounts||up to 67%|
|🌙 Nightly prices starting at||$69|
|⭐ Popular amenities||Internet, Kitchen and Parking|
|🐾 Pet friendly homes||1,032 homes|
|🏊 Vacation rentals with pools||578 homes|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the typical price per night for a vacation home in San Francisco?
The price of a night's stay in San Francisco starts at $69. If you’re interested in a house rental, the average price is $631 per night. A apartment rental San Francisco will cost $258 per night on average.
How many vacation rentals are available for booking in San Francisco?
There are currently 6,198 rentals to choose from for your vacation.
What are the most popular amenities for vacation rentals in San Francisco?
The most popular amenities for home rentals in San Francisco include accommodations that have: Kitchen, Internet, and Parking.
How many vacation rentals with pools are in San Francisco?
San Francisco offers 578 Hotel room and Apartment rental options on offer to rent.
Are dogs allowed in vacation rentals in San Francisco?
Sure, there are 1,032 vacation homes in San Francisco that allow dogs , with an average cost of $482 per night.
When is it better to travel to San Francisco?
When booking a vacation rental in San Francisco, consider that rainy season is usually in January or March, with July often being the driest.
Find the perfect San Francisco home to match your style
Top cities to visit
- Vacation Rentals in Branson, MO
- Dallas Condos & Vacation Rentals
- Vacation Rentals in Austin
- Condos & House Rentals in Orange Beach
- Vacation Rentals in Palm Springs
- Condos & House Rentals in Tampa
- Houses & Vacation Rentals in Fort Lauderdale
- House Rentals & Condos in Phoenix
- Vacation Rentals in Siesta Key
- Vacation Rentals in Hershey
- Vacation Rentals in Saint Augustine
- House Rentals & Condos in Philadelphia
- Condo & House Rentals in Albuquerque
- Vacation Rentals in Breckenridge
- Mason Vacation Rentals
Vacation Destinations Near San Francisco
House Rentals in Daly City
South San Francisco Vacation Rentals
Sausalito Vacation Rentals
Alameda Vacation Rentals
House Rentals in Berkeley
Mill Valley Vacation Rentals
Stinson Beach Vacation Rentals
Short Term Rental in San Mateo
San Rafael Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Half Moon Bay
Redwood City Vacation Rentals
Condos in Walnut Creek
Hayward Vacation Rentals
Menlo Park Vacation Rentals
Danville Vacation Rentals
Vallejo Vacation Rentals
San Ramon Vacation Rentals
Concord, CA Vacation Rentals
Short Term Rental in Palo Alto
House Rentals in Fremont
House Rentals in Sunnyvale
House Rentals in Petaluma
Livermore Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Sonoma
Santa Clara Vacation Rentals
Antioch Vacation Rentals
Fairfield Vacation Rentals
Rohnert Park Vacation Rentals
Yountville Vacation Rentals
Dillon Beach Vacation Rentals
Los Gatos Vacation Rentals
Condos in San Jose
Discovery Bay Vacation Rentals
Vacaville Vacation Rentals
Santa Rosa Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Bodega Bay
Saint Helena Vacation Rentals
Calistoga Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Santa Cruz
Guerneville Vacation Rentals
Capitola Vacation Rentals
Aptos Vacation Rentals
Rio del Mar Vacation Rentals
Stockton Vacation Rentals
Healdsburg Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Davis, CA
Lodi Vacation Rentals
Watsonville Vacation Rentals
Gilroy Vacation Rentals
Top Vacation Ideas
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Christmas Markets in Vancouver
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Bali Honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- South Padre Island Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Costa Rica Honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Lake Havasu Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
Honeymoon in San Diego
Airbnbs in North Fork
Skiing in Keystone
Airbnbs in Abingdon
Airbnbs in Nantucket
Family Vacation in Missouri
Summer Vacations in Lake Tahoe
Family Vacation in Chicago
Airbnbs in Overland Park
Christmas Markets in New York
Romantic Getaways in the Midwest
Weekend Getaway in West Virginia
Airbnbs in Kernville
Airbnbs in Twin Falls
Waterfront Rentals in Big Bear Lake
Fort Myers Beach Monthly Rentals
Airbnbs in Gulf Breeze
Airbnbs in Lake Placid