Getting to Comic-Con San Diego
There are many ways to arrive at the festival from Comic-Con San Diego vacation rentals. Which is best for you depends on the location of your itinerary, your budget, and your preferred mode of conveyance. Here are the options:
1. Driving and the Comic-Con Shuttle Bus Service
If you're bringing your vehicle to the festival, there are four parking lot locations in the city. Purchase your ticket via ParkWhiz and print your display permit at home before arriving. You can also purchase a ticket on your phone and receive a QR Code as proof of the transaction. A free shuttle bus transports you from Comic-Con San Diego Hotels right into the heart of the action, including 63 different locations.
2. Trains to Comic-Con
Other than the Comic-Con Shuttle, there are a number of nifty ways to spirit yourself around San Diego during the festival. One of the most efficient is the MTS Trolley Service, which stops right in front of the Convention Center. There are two stops near the festival: Harbor Drive and First Ave, and Gaslight Station. The Coaster Commuter Train runs on a plum, north-south line through San Diego County, serving eight stations between Oceanside and Downtown San Diego. Broadway stop is a short walk from the Convention Center.
3. Longer journeys
Amtrak Pacific Surfliner runs between San Diego and Los Angeles, taking in Orange County and Santa Barbara along the way. Extra capacity trains are laid on during Comic-Con to combat overcrowding. Book your ticket ahead of time, and if guaranteed seats are a priority, consider upgrading to Business Class.
Explore Accommodations Near Comic-Con San Diego
Comic-Con for Kids
Children under 12 enjoy free entry to the festival with a paying adult. Register ahead of time to receive a complimentary badge. Two children per adult can be registered. Once you arrive, the festival is a kiddie paradise. Don't miss:
1. Children's Film Festival
Movies from all over the world keep children rapt at this exciting convention. Animators and film makers give talks about their work, offer interactive workshops, and teach kids how to make their own movies. Bursting with world-class movies, imagination and creativity, this event will thrill the young people in your life.
2. Legendary Heroes Youth Art Show
Young artists can hone their skills at the Legendary Heroes Youth-Art Show. Artists between the ages of 4 and 17 congregate at Ryan Bros, where there is a special display. To participate in the show, register ahead of time. The event is completely free to attend.
3. Nintendo Gaming Lounge
One of the most popular parts of Comic-Con, the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in Marriott Marquis & Marina features a plethora of games, from 'Pokemon Sun' to 'Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.' Appearances from your favorite Nintendo Characters and special prizes thrill little attendees to this free event.
Great Places to Stay Near Comic-Con San Diego
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to Comic-Con
There's nothing worse than missing that show you've been looking forward to forever. Here are some top tips for navigating the festival from Comic-Con San Diego vacation rentals and getting the most out of your experience:
1. What to Bring
There's an almost insane amount of merchandise that you can buy at the festival, but there's no end of free swag on offer from the stalls in Hall H. Warner Bros. has even sponsored swag bags for you to fill with take-aways from the festival. Snaffle yourself free stickers, magnets and pins, or win contests for collectors toys and books, limited edition posters, and wearable merch. Bring a phone charger and extra battery pack, and don't forget that many vendors do not accept card, so bring cash.
2. Eating at Comic-Con
It's a good idea to eat breakfast at Comic-Con San Diego hotels before arriving at the Convention Center, as queues in the mornings are long. You can bring food with you, which might be handy as there aren't as many vendors as you might think. You can also leave the convention for lunch. Bringing water with you is a good idea.
If you decide to dress up as your favorite fictional character, expect to be asked for photos. This is especially true if you have put a lot of effort into your costume, which is recommended, since standards for this grown-up dress up are world-class, and the outfits make the event.
Recommended Accommodations Near Comic-Con San Diego
Average Accommodation Prices Near Comic-Con San Diego
Vacation Rental Price Information in San Diego
Accommodation Availability Near Comic-Con San Diego
Rental Availability Information in San Diego
Visit These Other Popular Events
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- California State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Indiana State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- The Great New York State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ultra Music Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Wisconsin State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals