Must-Try Foods at the California State Fair
The California State Fair is famous for its fantastic fire food and sweet treats, and there's so much to choose from you will be spoiled for choice. What's more, with hundreds of vendors serving up your favorite food and drink, you might want to visit multiple times from one of the many California State Fair hotels. To help you decide, here are a few must-try foods available at the California State Fair.
1. Deep-Fried Nachos
A California State Fair favorite, deep-fried nachos should be on everyone's must-try list. Dripping with cheese and slathered in sauce, this tasty snack always draws a crowd, with long queues forming at any vendor who has it on their menu.
2. Rainbow Grilled Cheese
Cheese lovers are well catered for at the California State Fair, and the rainbow grilled cheese is a popular take on the classic comfort food. Combining a variety of cheeses for that unique multicolored look, this mouthwatering fair fare is certainly a conversation starter.
3. Churro Dog
If you've had enough cheese for the moment, then a churro dog should definitely be on your list. A cinnamon-flavored churro forms the dog in this desert, all wrapped in a chocolate-glazed doughnut – perfect for those with a sweet tooth.
Explore Accommodations Near California State Fair
Top Attractions at the California State Fair
From exhilarating motorsports to big-name musicians and bands, the California State Fair has it all. Whatever you and your family are looking for during your vacation, you're sure to find one of these top attractions will fit the bill. Discover everything the event has to offer from California State Fair vacation rentals.
1. Golden 1 Stage
With the biggest headliners and the most famous acts, the Golden 1 Stage is the place to be for music lovers. Watch for free or purchase tickets to be front-and-center for your favorite artists. Whatever your taste in music, there's plenty of great performances to choose from.
2. Jack in the Box Freestyle Motocross
For adrenaline junkies, the freestyle motocross competition is a must. Held three times a day to ensure you cannot miss your big-air fix, the Jack in the Box events are always popular so make sure you book your seat in advance.
The biggest event of its kind in Northern California, the California State Fair carnival runs for 17 straight days and boasts plenty of fun-filled rides and challenging games. From giant Ferris wheels to thrilling rollercoasters, there's something for the whole family when you visit from California State Fair hotels.
Great Places to Stay Near California State Fair
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to the California State Fair
With so many exciting activities, events, and vendors just waiting for you to discover at the California State Fair, it makes sense to plan your visit before you arrive. To ensure you make the most of your time at the fair, as well as save a few dollars at the same time, take a look at these top tips to optimize your visit.
1. Discount Days
There are a number of discount days designed to help you keep down your costs when visiting the fair. On Tuesdays, kids under 12 enter for free and carnival rides are a dollar for the whole family. Additionally, Wells Fargo Wednesdays lets anyone purchase a wristband for unlimited rides. Plan for trip in advance the make the most of these discount days.
2. Sun Protection
A large part of the California State Fair is held outdoors, and temperatures regularly reach the low 100s. With long days ahead of you, you should be prepared to slather on the sunblock and don your best sun hat – particularly important for the younger members of the family.
3. Get the App
The California State Fair App is free to download before you arrive and puts a wealth of information directly into the palm of your hand. Create your ideal schedule and consult the map if you get lost with this very useful piece of fair-tech.
Recommended Accommodations Near California State Fair
The Weather in Sacramento
Check out our climate diagram to find the perfect month for your vacation. The highest average temperatures are in the month of July. On the contrary, the coolest month is January. The rainiest month is July while the driest month is July.
Average Accommodation Prices Near California State Fair
Vacation Rental Price Information in Sacramento
Accommodation Availability Near California State Fair
Rental Availability Information in Sacramento
Visit These Other Popular Events
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Comic-Con San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Indiana State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- The Great New York State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ultra Music Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Wisconsin State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals