Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. The event, which originally started as a harvest festival, was first celebrated in October 1621 at a plantation in Plymouth. Choosing Plymouth to celebrate Thanksgiving is, therefore, one of the best ways to mark the holiday. You can select from many good Plymouth hotels for Thanksgiving to stay in to make the holiday extra special.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Thanksgiving in Plymouth: Top Accommodations
Where to Dine for Thanksgiving in Plymouth
November is a special time to visit Plymouth owing to the annual Thanksgiving celebration that takes you back in time. One of the best ways to enjoy the sense of history, festive surroundings, mouthwatering flavors and fresh ingredients is if you stay in the town for an extended weekend getaway. There are many good Plymouth hotels for Thanksgiving, which give good deals for lodging during the season.
1. America’s Thanksgiving Dinner at Plimoth Plantation
Founded in 1947, the Plimoth Plantation is a living history museum which recreates the original 17th century settlement by English colonists who came to be referred to as the Pilgrims. Naturally, Thanksgiving Dinner here is a huge affair that pays homage to the origin of the national celebration. You will be treated to the classic variants of Thanksgiving delicacies like traditional New England trimmings and roast turkey.
2. Harvest Dinner with the Pilgrims
Yet another setting at the Plimoth Plantation, where you will be able to learn more about the recipes and the table manners of the 17th century pilgrims while enjoying the delicious dishes. During the meal visitors are entertained with old songs and psalms, while historians are ever ready to answer queries related to the tradition of Thanksgiving.
3. New England Food Festival
Visitors in town for Thanksgiving should head to Plymouth’s waterfront to enjoy the New England Food Festival, which takes place especially to mark the holiday. One can try out delicacies from the various food stalls put up by restaurants and eateries which serve sumptuous entrees and desserts along with party foods, chowders and soups.
Best Places to Stay for Thanksgiving in Plymouth
Where to Shop on Thanksgiving Weekend in Plymouth
There is no shortage of places to shop in town, especially if you happen to be here during Thanksgiving. You can maximize your shopping experience while enjoying the most of the holiday festivities by choosing to stay in one of the best Plymouth vacation rentals for Thanksgiving.
1. Colony Place
Whether you are looking for groceries, home furnishings, sporting goods or fashion, the open-air Colony Place is your one-stop lifestyle retail center with over 40 stores to shop from. The oversized sidewalks, gorgeous landscape and beautiful architecture make it a shopper’s paradise.
2. Village Landing Marketplace
For a true New England experience head to the Village Landing Marketplace. It is located on the picturesque waterfront of Plymouth. You can buy interesting souvenirs from the locally owned speciality shops.
3. Plymouth Harbor Farmers Market
Held at the Plimoth Plantation, this is the best place to get your hands on seasonal and organic local produce such as bread, cheeses and meat.
Recommended Accommodations for Thanksgiving in Plymouth
Best Activities for Families Spending Thanksgiving in Plymouth
Thanksgiving in Plymouth is celebrated with three days of festivities, which include a variety of activities and events like the food festival, waterfront activities, concerts and a parade.
The parade allows visitors to experience one of the most historically accurate chronologies, which brings the country’s rich heritage to life. It showcases each century, from the 17th century Pilgrim era to today, making it a fascinating event to enjoy with your family.
2. Historic Village
The scenic and historic Brewster Gardens come to life during Thanksgiving when it hosts the Historic Village. Here, you can learn more about both the original European settlers as well as the native people. The historians and guides at the venue will also help you separate fact from fiction, as far as the history of the country is concerned. Visitors can also try out games, do a dance, listen to period music and see people dressed up as historical figures.
3. Wampanoag Pavilion
An educational pavilion where you can learn about what actually occurred at the first dinner between the Wampanoag people and the colonists during the fall of 1621, as well as what was on the menu.
Top Offers for Thanksgiving in Plymouth
Plymouth Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Asheville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Atlanta Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Austin Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Boston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- California Thanksgiving Getaway
- Charleston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Chicago Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Florida Thanksgiving Getaway
- Gatlinburg Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Las Vegas Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Los Angeles Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Nashville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- New Orleans Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- New York City Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Orlando Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Portland Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- San Francisco Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Seattle Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Tennessee Thanksgiving Getaway
- Thanksgiving Destinations
- Thanksgiving Getaway on the East Coast
- Williamsburg Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving