Choose the perfect vacation rental
Beach Vacation in Oregon: Top Destinations
Explore the Pacific Northwest With an Oregon Beach Vacation
Beach Vacation in Oregon: Top Accommodations
The Best Beaches in Oregon
It is difficult to narrow down a list of the best beaches in Oregon, as each area of the coast has something unique and special to offer. Your vacation goals will dictate which of the following beaches best suits your wants and needs. However, all of these beaches provide fun adventures, access to nearby cultural attractions, plenty of delicious food, and stunning west coast views.
1. Tillicum Beach
Located near the tiny hamlet of Yachats, this amazing beach appears to have miles of space for family fun. A great spot for kite flying, unforgettable sunsets, and wildlife viewing.
2. Agate Beach
Another of Oregon's jewels, this beach gets its name from the semi-precious polished quartz stones that beachcombers often find washed up on shore. Many visitors choose this area and its calmer waters to explore beginner surfing.
3. Indian Beach
Once long ago traversed by the explorers Lewis and Clark, Indian Beach is a popular destination for visitors to Oregon. The beach and surrounding land are designated public lands and part of Ecola State Park. It is a popular destination for experienced surfers and families wanting to explore the life and treasure in the tide pools.
4. Lincoln Beach
Notorious for supplying beachcombers with coveted and rare beach glass and being one of the best kite-flying areas on the entire west coast. If you are lucky enough to visit in December, March, or May, there is a good chance you will catch sight of a number of migrating whales.
5. Manzanita Beach
7mi. of fine, soft sands await exploration here. With sand dollar shells and unique ocean-sculpted driftwood scattered over the beach, it's a beachcombers dream destination.
Best Places to Stay for Beach Vacation in Oregon
Things to Do During Your Beach Vacation in Oregon
Oregon's waterfront towns deliver so much more than beaches, surfing, and sun. Culinary delights, extreme sports, nature and wildlife exploration, and cultural excursions are all part of the fun on Oregon beach vacations.
1. Tillamook Creamery
If your Oregon beach vacation takes you to the northern part of the coast near Bay City and Tillamook Bay, a tour of the Tillamook Creamery is a fun thing to do on a rainy day. Learn all about this cooperative endeavor and the secrets behind their delicious ice creams and cheeses, which you then get to sample.
2. Lighthouse Tours
Nine of the eleven lighthouses on the Oregon coast feature on the National Register of Historic Places. Each of these historic lighthouses has a unique story to tell and provides an authentic maritime atmosphere for an excursion. After your visit, there will still be plenty of time for an afternoon on the beach with a picnic.
3. Sea Lion Caves
The small town of Florence boasts America's largest sea cave. This privately owned sanctuary serves as a habitat for sea lions and a variety of birds. An elevator brings you down to the visitor’s center, which allows you to observe all the animals at close quarters.
4. Hang Gliding Lessons
The spring and summer months offer ideal conditions for hang gliding in Oregon. Head to the Oregon Hang Gliding School in Pacific City to get an introduction to this exciting sport, or simply to practice and improve your skills if you are already an experienced hang-glider.
Recommended Accommodations for Beach Vacation in Oregon
What to Pack for Your Beach Vacation in Oregon
The unique weather conditions, exciting landscapes, and copious wildlife make Oregon a great holiday destination. Just make sure you have the right equipment in your travel bag to enjoy the area fully.
With strange, wonderful rock formations rising out of the sea, hundreds of bird species nesting on the coast, and whales traveling through the oceans during migration, you will want to have a good pair of binoculars to hand throughout your beach vacation.
2. Rain Gear
Although Oregon is a sunny beach vacation, the weather can be changeable. It's definitely worth bringing have a lightweight, waterproof pair of pants and a rain jacket, especially if you are planning on hiking or biking.
3. Water Shoes
As some beaches along the Oregon coast are a bit rocky, it's a good idea to pack a pair of water shoes to protect your feet when wading in and out of the water.
Top Offers for Beach Vacation in Oregon
Frequently Asked Questions
Oregon Beach Vacations: What is the vacation rental cost in Oregon?
On average, you can get a great vacation rental for somewhere between $267 and $577 and find discounts up to 42%!
Can I find a vacation rental for a large group for Oregon Beach Vacations?
House rental in Oregon fits 8 guests.
What kinds of vacation rentals can I find for Oregon Beach Vacations?
You can browse 1,787 Apartment rental and 19,281 House rental for Oregon Beach Vacations on HomeToGo.
The Weather in Oregon
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Oregon
Vacation Rental Price Information in Oregon
Vacation Rental Availability in Oregon
Rental Availability Information in Oregon
Oregon Beach Vacations Inspiration
- Alabama Beach Vacations
- Beach Vacations in Maine
- Beach Vacations in Myrtle Beach
- Beach Vacations in New England
- Beach Vacations in New Jersey
- Beach Vacations in North Carolina
- California Beach Vacations
- Cocoa Beach Vacations
- East Coast Beach Vacations
- Georgia Beach Vacations
- Michigan Beach Vacations
- San Diego Beach Vacations
- South Carolina Beach Vacations
- Texas Beach Vacations
Top Vacation Ideas in Oregon
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Family vacations in Florida
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Family Vacations in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Florida honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Romantic Getaways in Georgia
- Family Vacations in California
- Summer Vacations in Colorado
- Road Trips in Florida
- Family Vacations in Colorado
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Beach Vacations in Virginia
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Indiana State Parks
- Road Trips in Ohio
- New Mexico State Parks
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Surfing Vacations in California
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Must-See Events in California
- Skiing in Ohio
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- California Christmas Vacation
- California Music Venues
- Summer Vacations in Arkansas
- March Vacations on the East Coast
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Rhode Island State Parks
- Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Summer Vacations in Oregon
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Colorado
- Kansas State Parks
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
- New York Music Venues
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- December Travel on the East Coast
- New York State Parks
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Florida
- Spring Break in Oregon
- South Carolina State Parks
- Lake Cabins in Texas
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Arizona Music Venues
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Georgia State Parks
- December Travel in California
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- March Vacations in Hawaii
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- Family Vacation in Utah
- Washington State Parks
- Colorado Music Venues
- Florida New Year's Eve Destinations
- Summer Vacations in Wisconsin
- Spa Getaways in New Jersey
- Romantic Getaway in West Virginia
- Family Vacations in Virginia