Our Top Offers Near The Great New York State Fair
Must-Try Foods at The Great New York State Fair
The Great New York State Fair is synonymous with all-American food that’s big on flavor. With over 100 stands catering to every palate, stallholders are not afraid to wow crowds with new twists on old classics.
1. 25-Cent Milk
Don’t miss the Milk Bar’s ever-popular 25-cent cup of milk, a tradition since 1952. Get in quick to avoid the queues.
No trip to the Fair is complete without a burger. Choices include Jerk burgers, the Big Kahuna Donut Burger, and the aptly named Defibrillator- a deep fried burger served in a grilled cheese sandwich. Just make sure you have the paramedics on speed dial.
Another all-American favorite can be found in various guises, including the Bacon Donut (bacon in a chocolate caramel donut), Recess’ Affogato Special Donut Espresso Utopia (donut, ice cream, bacon, maple syrup, and espresso), and Milky Bun’s Hot Donut stuffed with still-frozen ice cream.
4. Savory Sundaes
Think a sundae has to be sweet? Then try Shake It Up’s Beef Sundae – mashed potatoes, roast beef, cheddar, and sour cream with a cherry tomato on top.
5. Feeling brave
You can find deep-fried chocolate-covered crickets and grasshoppers, ‘gator on a stick, and an exotic twist on an old Binghamton specialty, the Kangaroo Spiedie.
Explore Accommodations Near The Great New York State Fair
Top Attractions at The Great New York State Fair
13 days aren’t nearly enough time to experience all the Fair has to offer, so plan wisely. Not only are there countless displays, exhibits, and shows celebrating its rich agricultural heritage, there are also numerous concerts and midway rides.
1. Chevy Court
One of the fair’s main draws, Chevy Court stage hosts many musical greats across the 13 days. Access is free with your standard fair admission and the music spans country, nostalgia, and pop. Live music is also to be found at the Empire Experience Stage.
2. Horse Shows
Marvel at equestrian performances, as rising amateurs and professionals compete in a friendly environment. You can also see cattle shows in the Toyota Coliseum.
3. iFlip Aerial Show
There is no shortage of impressive acrobatic displays, but perhaps the most jaw-dropping is this show. With stunts and tricks including the power track, sphere, and aerial bungee, it culminates in a daring 60ft fall.
4. Livestock Competitions
Agriculture is New York State’s biggest industry, so it’s no surprise that there are competitions celebrating the state’s best cows, horses, goats, pigs, and llamas. Take the time to tour the Witter Agricultural Museum, a reconstruction of an 18th century New York farm complete with furnished log cabin and craft demos.
If you enjoy eccentric performances, then watch Bandaloni, the 100% live one-man-band. Try to work out how he manages to simultaneously play numerous instruments - including guitars, drums, bells, and harmonica - while also singing harmonies.
Great Places to Stay Near The Great New York State Fair
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to the Great New York State Fair
This 13-day extravaganza deserves more than a day's visit. Coming to the fair for several days avoids burnout from the sheer number of things to do. The Great New York State Fair Hotels are plentiful, but don’t get caught out by booking too late.
1. Book The Great New York State Fair Hotels in advance
Whether you wish to stay close to the action, or further away from the madness in Syracuse, make sure you book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
2. The Great New York State Fair Vacation Rentals
Perhaps you want a bit more space to stretch out in during your down time, or are you traveling in a big group? Syracuse hosts plenty of quaint but spacious vacation houses and apartments a short distance from the fairground.
3. Check When the Special Days Are
The fair hosts several special days with parades and themed events. On Beef Day you will see grilling and perfect burger contests. There is also Dairy Day, which features a big cheese auction and celebrity milkshake contests, Pride Day, and Armed Forces Day.
4. Travel Options
The Fairground has ample parking space with a shuttle to the Main Gate. There are also dedicated Park-N-Ride and train services serving the neighboring counties. Syracuse Hancock International Airport is conveniently located 9mi. from the Fairground.
Recommended Accommodations Near The Great New York State Fair
Visit These Other Popular Events
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- California State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Comic-Con San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Indiana State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ultra Music Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Wisconsin State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals