Montana is surrounded by stunning scenery everywhere you look. With vast natural land and low population density, summer vacations in Montana promise to be the ideal vacation to recharge.
Summer Vacations in Montana: Top Accommodations
5 Most Beautiful Summer Towns in Montana
If you're looking to take in pristine waterfalls, rugged mountains, lush meadows, and incredible backdrops - these places are must-sees. Here's a glimpse of the 5 most beautiful summer towns to visit in Montana.
1. Town of Darby
- Located in the picture-perfect Bitterroot mountains in western Montana, Darby is the perfect summer town for enjoying the staggering vistas of Montana. Enjoy over 1600 miles of hiking trails, accessible to all levels of experience, through the Bitterroot National Forest. Wildlife enthusiasts will delight in the grandeur of Bitterroot's lush greenery, before swimming, boating or rafting in Lake Como, while taking in the mile-high clean air.
- With the longest undammed river in the U.S., the Yellowstone River, just around the corner, Livingston is paradise for fishing enthusiasts - especially trout fishing. When the water gets low enough, get hold of old black inner tubes and float down the river. Fishing guides are available for rent, as are rafts, kayaks and paddleboards.
3. Virginia City
- Just 20 miles west of Yellowstone National Park, Virginia City is a designated National Historic Landmark District, known for being a "ghost" town. Relive the 1860's by walking through the Nevada City museums, or go panning for gold in the River of Gold! Either way, Virginia provides a perfect opportunity to step back into a simpler time and experience the Old West.
- Choteau is a small town chock-full of breathtaking backdrops over prairie hills. Not to mention the Rockies looming large everywhere you go. See a ranch rodeo, go hiking, or fishing in one of the many nearby rivers, streams, and lakes.
- Known as the Garden City for its lush green meadows and dense forestlands, Missoula has spectacular beauty and much in the way of culture. Go to a symphony, theater, and opera or browse through the Missoula Art Museum for some art inspired by the beauty of the Rockies.
Best Places to Stay for Summer Vacations in Montana
Frequently Asked Questions
Summer Vacations in Montana: How much does it cost to rent a vacation home in Montana?
The average price for a vacation rental in Montana is between $318 and $585 per night.
Can I find a vacation home for a group of guests for Summer Vacations in Montana?
House rental in Montana usually fits 8 guests.
What types of vacation homes can I find for Summer Vacations in Montana?
There are many House rental and Cabin that are perfect for Summer Vacations in Montana.
The Weather in Montana
- Rainy days
Receive exclusive offers, inspirational stories, and travel regulation updates.
Become a subscriber* and receive great tips on travel planning sent to your inbox!
Enter email address*
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Montana
Vacation Rental Price Information in Montana
Vacation Rental Availability in Montana
Rental Availability Information in Montana
Best Spots for Lake House Rentals
Looking to escape the city and enjoy some quiet time by the lake? From luxury lakefront homes to quaint and cozy cabins, HomeToGo has a huge selection of waterfront rentals to make your next vacation perfect.