Since its conception in 1851, when over 13,000 people attended its opening on the banks of the Rock River, the Wisconsin State Fair has proved a popular attraction. Today you can stay in one of the Wisconsin State Fair hotels and enjoy a visit to the state fair in comfort. Alternatively you could choose Wisconsin State Fair vacation rentals, which range from traditional buildings to more modern structures.
Our Top Offers Near Wisconsin State Fair
Wisconsin State Fair for Foodies
The fair is a feast for foodies and showcases the bounty of 'America's Dairyland'. The local love of dairy is combined with a fondness for sausage and cooking food in alcohol. Get your food on a stick and explore what the area has to offer.
1. Breakfast Options
There is a long standing history in America of having breakfast all hours of the day and you can enjoy this custom at the Wisconsin State Fair. Have the All Day Breakfast Tots, or the beautiful Apple Cider Doughnuts.
2. Food on a Stick
Food on a stick is a mainstay of any Midwestern State Fair. You can try the Beer-Battered Bacon-Wrapped Cheddar Sausage on-a-Stick, or the Cheddar Corn Dog with extra cheese. If you are feeling adventurous, you can even enjoy the Cajun Battered Shark On-a-Stick.
3. Gluten Friendly
The Gluten Friendly Food trend has been taking America by storm and it has even penetrated the enclave of Wisconsin State foods.The Apple Cider Float is perfect with the mixture of vanilla ice cream and goes perfectly with a greasy baked potato topped with cheese and bacon bits.
Explore Accommodations Near Wisconsin State Fair
Top Attractions at the Wisconsin State Fair
The Wisconsin State Fair is filled with food, activities and other attractions. It is the perfect area for exploration as you walk off the food. You can see the local plant life in the Green and Growing Garden Walk, or learn about the forests and state parks in the Exploratory Park.
1. The Sporkies
The Sporkies were created to showcase the unique food that the Wisconsin state fair has to offer. Nibble on the what is submitted and watch as the celebrity judges decide which dish is best.
2. Green & Growing Garden Walk
This is a wonderful walk presented by We Energies. You can see the Grand Champion Hisbiscus Heaven and see the wood carvings by Bob Younger of Eagle. The colorful Classic Barn Quilt Gone Floral is worth a look for its classical quilted shape of a tulip barn.
3. Exploratory Park
The Exploratory Park is a fun-filled oasis to the south. They offer lessons about the state park, button making and the local forestry. You can even find out about the state park's 166 year history in one of the presentations here.
Great Places to Stay Near Wisconsin State Fair
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to the Wisconsin State Fair
The only thing that can jeopardize your trip is bad planning. There are so many activities, so much food and so many different things to see in a week, let alone in a day when you stay at Wisconsin State Fair hotels. Make your trip to the fair the best it can be with the following tips:
1. Hand Sanitizer
If you have children, and even if you don't, it is a good idea to bring hand sanitizer. Your children will be touching everything in sight, the line for the bathroom will be long, there are farm animals and there are thousands of people. A lot of the food is finger food and you do not want to be worrying as you eat.
2. Admission Policies
It is important to understand the admission policies so that you are not caught unaware on your trip. There are metal detectors at the entrance and you may need to have your bags checked upon entry. People under the age of 18 will have to be accompanied by an adult after 6 pm.
3. Check The Website
: The Wisconsin State Fair website offers a wealth of information about the fair. You can find out the varied food and plan your day. You can find out about the various events start times and end times and, most importantly, the distance between these events. They even have a useful map if it is your first time at the state fair.
Recommended Accommodations Near Wisconsin State Fair
Visit These Other Popular Events
- California State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- The Great New York State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Indiana State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ultra Music Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Comic-Con San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals