Our Top Offers Near Ultra Music Festival
Getting to Ultra Music Festival
There are many ways to arrive in Miami. Since the locus of the festival activity is in the Downtown and South Beach areas, getting around the city once you are there should be straightforward.
1. Water Taxi
The coolest way (literally) to get to the festival is the boat ride from South Beach to Bayside, which is close to Bayfront Park.
The Miami-Dade Metrorail can be an easy mode of transport between Ultra Music Festival hotels and the festival itself. Miami International Airport is well connected with the city center via Metrorail and trains extend their operating hours during the festival to cater for the increased demand on services.
Buses stop intermittently along Biscayne Boulevard and the Metromover is also a good option if you are travelling about Downtown. The service winds along the oceanfront, connecting the north and the south of the Downtown area. Even better, the service is free! Avoid services like Uber if at all possible, as surcharges soar during the festival and, with fifty thousand people buzzing about the city center, traffic can be gridlocked.
Explore Accommodations Near Ultra Music Festival
What to Pack for Your Trip to Ultra
Since you won't be able to re-enter the festival once you arrive, it's important to bring everything you need with you. The event services cater to your needs too but they can be costly. Here are some top tips for what to bring:
1. Clear bags
PVC, plastic and mesh bags are the only ones allowed within the festival. Other prohibited items (besides the obvious) include glow sticks, stuffed animals, spray paint and pens and frisbees. In case you were planning to dress in costume for the event, beware that 'totem' poles, masks and large jewellery are also prohibited. Glowing jewellery and other costumes are allowed.
Dancing for hours on end in the Miami sizzle is going to make you thirsty. Since the festival forbids bringing liquids in with you, your best option is an empty container. Water-filling stations are situated throughout the festival at Bayfront Park and 301 Biscayne Boulevard. Port-o-potties are positioned throughout the park grounds too. The southwest corner of the park has the largest concentration of restrooms available. Use the least convenient, as they will also be the cleanest.
3. Sun protection
Hat, sun glasses and suncream are essentials at this outdoor festival. There is little shade and the acts hot up at precisely the same time that the sun does. Equally, bring a cover-up for the evenings, just in case that sea breeze gets a little chill after the sun sets.
Great Places to Stay Near Ultra Music Festival
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to Ultra
Tune up your Ultra Music Festival experience with these top tips. From helping you avoid lines to getting up close to your favorite electro DJs, here are the essentials.
1. Eating out at Ultra
Fresh seafood is sold on the waterside at the Surf and Turf Truck, while Sparky's Roadside BBQ sells smoked meat. Ultra Music Festival hotels enjoy proximity to the excellent, if modest-sounding, Joe's Takeaway, a local institution. Late night options include a 24 hour Cuban cafe, Manolo y Rene, and the celebrated diner on 11th Street.
2. Scheduling at Ultura
It is a good idea to come prepared with a loose itinerary, to make sure that you catch your favorite acts. The schedule is normally released a few days before the festival. Persuade your most agreeable friend to make a spreadsheet to help you rank the programming conflicts. Arrive early to get the most out of your tickets and avoid lines at the entrance. This said, diverging from your schedule is one of the best ways of discovering new favorite performers and one of the best parts of live music festivals.
3. Carl Cox Super Tent
There is a reason that this DJ gets his own tent every year. Bringing the party spirit without fail, sets from this techno giant is one of the most memorable features of Ultra Festival. You are guaranteed an upbeat atmosphere in this tent so if you are in doubt about what to do next the Carl Cox tent is always a strong choice.
Recommended Accommodations Near Ultra Music Festival
Average Accommodation Prices Near Ultra Music Festival
Vacation Rental Price Information in Miami
Accommodation Availability Near Ultra Music Festival
Rental Availability Information in Miami
Visit These Other Popular Events
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- California State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Comic-Con San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Indiana State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- The Great New York State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Wisconsin State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals