Lexington's historic locations, distilleries and exciting tradition of horse racing, make it an outstanding vacation destination. Choose a spacious plantation style home or a modern apartment in downtown as your home base for exploring the sights and sounds of the city.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Best Vacation Home Deals in Lexington
Save up to 65%
Top-Rated Rentals and Accommodations in Lexington
Book Vacation Rental Offers with the Highest User Rating
Recommended Vacation Rentals in Lexington
Find your perfect vacation rental in Lexington: from $64 per night
Budget-friendly Vacation Rentals in Lexington
Find Fantastic yet Inexpensive Offers
Apartments and vacation rentals with a kitchen
Cook up a feast on your next vacation and book a Lexington rental with full kitchen.
Vacation rentals with Wi-Fi
Stay connected while traveling and book a Lexington accommodation with high-speed internet.
Apartments With Balconies or Patios
Looking for a home with a balcony? Check out these vacation homes in Lexington with their own private patios and balconies.
Popular Rental Amenities in Lexington
Using our filters will help you find the perfect rental in Lexington. HomeToGo's data shows that "Pets allowed" and "Pool" are the most frequently offered amenities in Lexington. Not as many vacation homes in Lexington are available if you love sweating the stress away in saunas or if you need a crib for your baby as "Crib" and "Sauna" are not very common amenities in Lexington.
Waterfront Vacation Rentals in Lexington
Searching for a fantastic beach vacation rental in Lexington?
The Weather in Lexington
Find the Lexington climate diagram. The highest average temperatures are in the month of July. No heat wave is expected in January, where minimum average temperatures usally hit a 25° low. The rainiest month is July while the driest month is September.
7-Day Weather Forecast in Lexington
Accommodations for your vacation in Lexington
The 9 Best Restaurants in Lexington
1. Hall’s Restaurant: Take in lovely panoramic views while savoring local specialties like fried catfish or smoked chicken wings at Hall’s Restaurant.
2. Old San Juan Restaurant: Serving up authentic Cuban dishes like fried plantains or Ropa Vieja, a spicy beef and vegetable dish.
3. Shakespeare and Co.: Known for its upscale Victorian decor, Shakespeare and Co. offers a tasty cafe menu with breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials.
4. Saul Good Restaurant: Located in the heart of downtown Lexington, this popular establishment serves delicious sandwiches and pizzas.
5. Carson's Food & Drink: Enjoy the outdoor patio at Carson's Food & Drink, an eatery specializing in creative cocktails and classic American dishes with a modern twist.
6. Honeywood Restaurant: With its stylish bar and outdoor patio seating, the Honeywood Restaurant is the place to go for comfort food, such as pot roast.
7. Coles 735 Main: Run by award-winning chef Coles Arimes, this esteemed eatery offers the best gastronomic cuisine prepared with fresh, seasonal produce.
8. Distilled Restaurant: Located in Downtown Lexington, Distilled Restaurant serves up classic meatballs and burgers, accompanied by good wines.
9. Bella Notte: This is a classic Italian restaurant, known for its grilled steaks and exceptional wines.
Lexington has numerous historic sites but the Mary Todd Lincoln House is its most visited. Hour long guided tours are available daily. This childhood home of America's 16th first lady features original furniture from the Todd and Lincoln family. A stroll through the exterior garden is a perfect way to end your visit.
Ashland, the estate of Henry Clay, offers a guided tour through the Clay family's history from the 18th Century to the present. Permanent exhibits, a video room and a museum store are also on site. Museum grounds feature gardens, outbuildings, a Civil War monument and walking trails.
Nightlife in Lexington
With plenty of sophisticated bars and hip nightclubs, there is no shortage of night entertainment in Lexington. For example, spend the night at the vast Bar Complex, one of Lexington's most popular clubbing hot spots, featuring expert DJs, as well as special karaoke evenings.
Alternatively, test the beats and the party atmosphere at The Burl, located in Lexington's Distillery District. The perfect place to hang out with your friends, this venue stands out thanks to its arcade cabinets in the parking lot and its excellent range of beers and cocktails.
Finally, if you're a country music fan, you won't want to miss Austin City Saloon. With its rustic ambiance, this vibrant bar regularly hosts the best local country bands.
A Day at the Races
No Lexington experience is more iconic than a trip to watch the horse racing at Keeneland. Live races take place in April and October and auctions are held throughout the year. The racetrack is open to visitors daily and can be explored without a guide. Concessions, bars, a gift shop and simulcast racing are available year round.
For a more tranquil outing, head to the Kentucky Horse Park for horseback riding and horse-drawn trolley tours. The park showcases nearly fifty breeds of horses, as well as museums, galleries, theaters and working farm exhibits.
Kentucky bourbon is America's "Official Native Spirit" and Lexington is the perfect destination for visiting a distillerly or tasting room. The region's traditional libation is best explored via the self-guided Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
The Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. is the only bourbon producer in central Lexington and doubles as the oldest craft brewery in town. Tours are available daily on a walk-in basis and include tastings of both beer and bourbon.
Information about vacation rentals in Lexington
|🏡 Vacation rentals available||1,988 homes|
|💳 Possible discounts||up to 65%|
|🌙 Nightly prices starting at||$64|
|⭐ Popular amenities||Pets allowed, Pool and Internet|
|🐾 Pet friendly homes||347 homes|
|🏊 Vacation rentals with pools||888 homes|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average nightly price for a vacation home in Lexington?
The average accommodation in Lexington is priced at $64 per night. If you would like to stay in a house rental, the average price is $416 per night. A apartment rental Lexington will cost on average $202 per night.
How many vacation rentals are available to book in Lexington?
There are 1,988 vacation homes available for booking for your vacation.
What amenities are most popular for vacation rentals in Lexington?
Three most popular amenities for vacation rentals in Lexington include accommodations with: Pool, Pets allowed, and Internet.
How many vacation homes with pools are in Lexington?
Discover 888 vacation rentals available in Lexington for renting.
Are pets allowed in vacation rentals in Lexington?
Finding a vacation rental in Lexington that allows pets is definitely possible, with 347 pet-friendly available.
What's the best time to travel to Lexington?
When booking a vacation home in Lexington, consider that rainy season is usually in July or January, with September often being the driest.
Find the perfect Lexington home to match your style
Top cities to visit
- Vacation Rentals in Branson, MO
- Dallas Condos & Vacation Rentals
- Vacation Rentals in Austin
- Condos & House Rentals in Orange Beach
- Vacation Rentals in Palm Springs
- Houses & Vacation Rentals in Fort Lauderdale
- Condos & House Rentals in Tampa
- House Rentals & Condos in Phoenix
- Vacation Rentals in Siesta Key
- House Rentals & Condos in Philadelphia
- Vacation Rentals in Saint Augustine
- Condo & House Rentals in Albuquerque
- Vacation Rentals in Hershey
- Vacation Rentals in Breckenridge
- House & Vacation Rentals in Miami Beach
Vacation Destinations Near Lexington
Vacation Rentals in Frankfort, KY
Harrodsburg Vacation Rentals
Bardstown Vacation Rentals
Short Term Rental in Louisville
House Rentals in Cincinnati
Mason Vacation Rentals
Brookville Vacation Rentals
Lodging & Cabins in Mammoth Cave
Centerville Vacation Rentals
Columbus Vacation Rentals
Allardt Vacation Rentals
LaFollette Vacation Rentals
New Tazewell Vacation Rentals
Beavercreek Vacation Rentals
House Rentals in Dayton
French Lick Vacation Rentals
Cabins in Nashville, IN
Yellow Springs Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Richmond, IN
Bowling Green Vacation Rentals
Lodging & Cabins in Santa Claus
House Rentals in Bloomington
Greenwood Vacation Rentals
Fairfield Glade Vacation Rentals
Oak Ridge Vacation Rentals
Cookeville Vacation Rentals
Owensboro Vacation Rentals
Cabins in Knoxville
Crossville Vacation Rentals
Grove City Vacation Rentals
Dandridge Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Indianapolis
Logan Vacation Rentals
Canal Winchester Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Sevierville, TN
House Rentals in Charleston, WV
Hilliard Vacation Rentals
House Rentals in Columbus
House Rentals in Athens
Upper Arlington Vacation Rentals
Lodging & Cabins in Gallatin
Maryville Vacation Rentals
Dublin, OH Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Carmel, IN
Bristol Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals in Pigeon Forge, TN
Worthington Vacation Rentals
Johnson City Vacation Rentals
Lebanon Vacation Rentals
House Rentals in Abingdon
Top Vacation Ideas
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- South Padre Island Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Christmas Markets in Vancouver
- Christmas Markets in France
- Bali Honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Family vacations in Florida
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Woodstock Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Christmas
Florida Beach Vacations
Romantic Getaway in Connecticut
Must-See Events in California
Lake Havasu Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
Honeymoon in Michigan
Family Vacation in Boston
Airbnbs in Russian River
Airbnbs in Mariposa
Pet Friendly Rentals in Tampa
Vermont Monthly Rentals
Nashville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for New Year's Eve
Airbnbs in Lake Placid
Virginia Christmas Vacation
South Fork, CO Cabin Rentals
Airbnbs in Oak Bluffs
Pet Friendly Rentals on the Palm Coast
Airbnbs near Lake Wallenpaupack
New Orleans Monthly Rentals
Cabins with Hot Tubs in Massanutten
Airbnbs in Stockbridge