Choose the Perfect Route for Road Trips in Kentucky
From the Red River Gorge and Cumberland Falls, to the eerie depths of Mammoth Cave and the woodland bliss of the Daniel Boone National Forest, the Bluegrass State is full of scenic attractions- making it one of the perfect road trip states.
Road Trips in Kentucky: Top Accommodations
Most Scenic Road Trips in Kentucky
Kentucky isn't that large, but it has a varied environment, and there are many potential road trips routes to consider. To help you plan your next driving escape, here are a few routes that are sure to delight fans of scenic travel.
1. The Hal Rogers Parkway/Daniel Boone Country
- Follow in the footsteps of pioneers in this sublime part of eastern Kentucky. The route from East Bernstadt to Hazard passes by ancient petroglyphs, and the Daniel Boone National Forest with its stone arches and valley. A side trip to the Cumberland Falls is recommended - one of the most beautiful cascades in the USA.
2. Rural Route 10 -
Starting at Alexandria, follow historic Route 10 along the Ohio border, and you'll be in for a treat. This farming region is marked by traditional barns, small towns, and winding rivers, making it a joy to cross by car. The city of Maysville is a great end point, with its old town center andexcellent art galleries.
3. Kentucky Ridge State Forest
- The drive in south-central KY from Pineville to Williamsburg crosses the Kentucky Ridge State Forest, and the views are exceptional. Pine Mountain makes a great starting point, with its famous "chained" summit, but there's a lot to see as you cross the forest on Route 92.
4. The Red River Gorge
- Moving to central KY, driving through the Red River region is a must-drive route. Start at Stanton and head south via Zachariah, passing bold red sandstone outcrops, before completing the route to Pine Ridge via the Nada Tunnel.
Best Places to Stay for Road Trips in Kentucky
Frequently Asked Questions
Road Trips in Kentucky: What is the vacation rental cost in Kentucky?
The average price for a vacation home in Kentucky is usually around $186 and $245 per night.
Can I find a vacation rental for a large group for Road Trips in Kentucky?
in Kentucky, large groups should look for House rental since they fit 8 guests.
What types of vacation homes can i book for Road Trips in Kentucky?
You can find 3,893 House rental and 1,338 Apartment rental for Road Trips in Kentucky right here on HomeToGo.
The Weather in Kentucky
- Rainy days
Receive exclusive offers, inspirational stories, and travel regulation updates.
Become a subscriber* and receive great tips on travel planning sent to your inbox!
Enter email address*