Choose the perfect vacation rental
Top Vacation Destinations in Italy
Best Vacation Home Deals in Italy
Book the perfect property from $19 per night by searching among the 1,215,460 properties listed in Italy. With HomeToGo, you can easily compare the offers of each listed property to find the best price and save up to 46%.
Recommended Vacation Rentals in Italy
Find your perfect vacation rental in Italy: from $19 per night
Vacation rentals with Wi-Fi
Vacation rentals and apartments with air conditioning
Apartments and vacation rentals with a kitchen
Popular Rental Amenities in Italy
Properties can be narrowed down based on various criteria. Above, you will find the number of rentals that include a specific feature in Italy. HomeToGo's data reveals that "internet" and "TVs" are the most commonly offered features in Italy. You could even look for rentals if you want a rental with a jacuzzi (36,830 rentals include "hot tubs" in Italy) or if you want a rental with a sauna (35,962 rentals in Italy include "saunas").
Price and Availability Index in Italy
Vacation Rental Price Information in Italy
The graph shows the average rental prices for the next twelve months in Italy. Prices in a week of July (7/30 - 8/6) go up to $165 per night, which is the highest average price in the next 12 months. Prices decrease in January to an average of $108 per night (1/14 - 1/21).
Rental Availability Information in Italy
Have a look at the above graph to see the global availability of vacation rentals in Italy. The week with the highest booking rate in the next 12 months is in January (1/14 - 1/21), where 64% of the vacation rentals are booked. It is easier to find a rental in a week of September (9/17 - 9/24), as only 19% of the accommodations are booked.
Italy Vacation Rentals for the Perfect Vacation
Italy is a vast and diverse country, with limitless options for fun and entertainment. You can take a culture trip, a culinary one, or go on an active adventure - no matter where you travel in Italy, you will enjoy delicious food and drink, reasonable prices, and fun in historic places.
A vacation in Italy will be the highlight of your journeys. Whether on a family vacation or with friends, you can stay in vacation homes and have a great time. The country is well known for its friendly locals, great food and beautiful nature. There are plenty of cultural sites to visit. Here are some ideas for your travel itinerary in Italy.
Having a Great Journey: Arriving and Getting Around in Italy
Italy is a great place to vacation, and easy to fly in from several international airports. If you are coming to northern Italy, Milan has three accessible airports. Its direct railway system connects travelers to the provincial train and inner city metro. From the airports, it is also easy to hire a car to get to your Italy vacation rentals. You can drive the entire length of the country, going through small villages along the way. There are endless spots to discover. Drive to the coast and stay at a beach house for a full day of fun.
3 Italian Cities That Foodies Will Love
1. Bologna: Touted as Italy’s gastronomic capital, pick up fresh produce at the public markets here for meals back at your villa rental. There are numerous food tours and wine tastings around the region, and culinary festivals throughout the year.
2. Modena: Another Emilia-Romagna culinary heavyweight, Modena is known for producing its incomparable balsamic vinegar. It's also home to Michelin-starred Osteria Francescana, arguably Italy’s most famous restaurant.
3. Naples: You'll certainly pay homage to the pizza here. But the Neapolitan food scene has more to offer, with home-style gelato and chocolate, classic trattorias, lively street food, and market vendors.
What’s the Weather Like in Italy?
Italy has a mild, Mediterranean climate. Many people travel here just for the sunshine. They come mostly in the warm summer months, but early spring is also ideal. You will have lower prices and share the sights with less tourists. From May to July, the climate is the hottest, so be sure to bring sunscreen. The days are long and you can spend your time doing anything you like. Water sports around Italy’s lake areas are most popular in the summer. Try visiting Lake Garda or Lake Como. If you come during the winter months, you can enjoy skiing or snowboarding in the Alps. There are plenty of options for Italy vacation rentals in the ski resort towns. If you come with kids, try Madesimo and Bormio in the Lombardia region.
Sights to See When Traveling in Italy
Italy is full of ancient art, and some of the best museums in the world. Popular places include Milan in the north, Florence further south, or Rome near the center. Don’t miss a trip to Venice to see the city on water, or take the kids to the giant aquarium in Genova, a port city. There are plenty of Italy vacation rental options here. Taking a boat in the south will bring you to smaller islands with idyllic towns and beaches.
Activities With Children in Italy
Italy is a great place to enjoy nature with your kids. Near your Italy vacation rental, ride bikes to explore hidden trails, paths and nature parks. There are plenty of farmlands with goats, sheep and horses. Or try horseback riding in the countryside. For a more adventurous outing with the kids, try hiking the ancient donkey trails by foot. They are usually marked and you can pick up maps of the trails in the local newspaper stores. For something more relaxing, hit the coast for a full day at the beach. Of course, kids will love eating and discovering all the good food to be had in Italy - including gelato, traditional Italian ice cream! Having a vacation home will allow you to relax in comfort, preparing your own meals or snacks. You'll find it's great having a home away from home to come back to.
For the best experience traveling with your family in Italy, choose a vacation rental or apartment. This allows you to travel at your own pace and schedule, enjoying more of the beautiful country. Italy is the perfect place to enjoy all the vacation perks - from its pleasant climate to delicious food and regional wines. Plus, there's the easygoing personality of the friendly locals. You can take it all in from the comfort of your Italy vacation home.
The Best Beaches in Italy
1. Baia Chia: This southern Sardinian locale is known for white sandy beaches ideal for swimming, snorkeling, and even surfing.
2. Mondello Beach: Just 30 minutes north of the Sicilian capital of Palermo, this beach offers a lively area to swim and enjoy seafood and wine.
3. Marina Grande: The center of action on the Amalfi Coast, it offers plenty of public and paid beach areas, and restaurants.
Eating Your Way Through Italy
Besides the usual pizza and pasta, try some of the lesser-known local culinary favorites, such as Sicilian arancini. From your Italy vacation rentals, it is easy to find high-quality food outlets that serve the typical fresh produce. Try seasonal fare and a more authentic experience of an Agriturismo. If you don't feel like self-catering, these are restaurants that use produce directly from the farms. The food portions will also be larger here. So eat up and enjoy the laid-back and traditional atmosphere. In the coastal villages, traditionally-prepared fish and seafood is delicious. Your Italy vacation home will also be equipped with kitchens for self-catering.
The 10 Most Iconic Landmarks in Italy
1. Colosseum: Rome's iconic ancient stadium, and the largest amphitheater ever built.
2. Trevi Fountain: Toss a coin backwards into the fountain and make a wish!
3. Leaning Tower of Pisa: Get your pics “pushing” the bell tower, leaning at 4 degrees.
4. Ruins of Pompeii: Explore this famed Roman town's ruins, buried and preserved for centuries in volcanic ash.
5. Florence Cathedral: Enter the cathedral for free, and climb to the top of the biggest masonry dome ever built.
6. Sistine Chapel: DaVinci’s masterpiece floats over a functioning chapel; combine this with a Vatican Museum visit.
7. Piazza San Marco: The beautiful heart of Venice is also its largest public square, framed by Basilica di San Marco.
8. Milan Cathedral: One of the world's largest churches built in the Gothic style, with several intricate sculptures.
9. Lake Como: Charming towns and palatial retreats lie all around this picturesque lake.
10. Pantheon: The famous ancient Roman temple with an open dome is also a giant sundial!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to rent a vacation rental in Italy?
On average, a Apartment rentals or Hotel rooms in Italy costs $19 per night.
How many vacation rentals are available to book in Italy?
May has the highest amount of available Apartment rentals and Hotel rooms in Italy, so you can expect plenty of offers, even for last-minute bookings.
What amenities are most popular for vacation homes in Italy?
If you're looking to book a vacation rental in Italy, the most common amenities others search for are houses with internet, TVs, and yards.
How many vacation rentals are in Italy?
Italy has 1,215,460 Apartment rentals and Hotel rooms on offer to rent.
Are pets allowed in vacation rentals in Italy?
If traveling with a dog in Italy, 19% of vacation rentals allow pets.
What's the best time of year to travel to Italy?
If booking a vacation rental in Italy, consider that rainy season is usually in November or October, with July often being the driest.
We list offers from thousands of providers, including:
Top Vacation Ideas
- Strasbourg Christmas Markets
- Christmas Markets in Chicago
- Christmas Markets in Germany
- Christmas Markets in Denver
- Christmas Markets in Philadelphia
- Christmas Markets in Milwaukee
- Christmas Markets in Boston
- Hawaii Honeymoon
- Christmas Markets in Europe
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Bora Bora Honeymoon