Choose the perfect vacation rental
February Vacation: Top Destinations
Planning Your February Travel Plans
The Best Destinations for a February Vacation
In February, summer can seem a long way away, but don't despair. There's no shortage of ways to get to warmer climates, as well as unforgettable parties, romantic beach towns, and much more. To spark your imagination, here are five top destinations for February vacations.
1. New Orleans
- When picking the perfect destination for a February getaway, one city comes to mind: the Big Easy. February is party time in NOLA, especially around the last week of the month, when the city celebrates Mardi Gras in its own unique fashion. Watch more than 80 parades, as the Krewes strut their stuff, and dive into the bars of the French Quarter as the atmosphere heats up.
2. New York
- If you're planning a Valentine's Day getaway, New York is an ideal place to explore with your other half. You can pay a visit to Tiffany's (breakfast included, if you want to go all the way), arrange dinner dates at some of America's most romantic restaurants, share some artistic moments at the remodeled MoMa, or skate arm in arm at the Rockefeller Center. Wherever you look, romantic activities are easy to come by.
- February is right at the heart of the Rocky Mountain ski season, so why not pack up your gear and set aside some time to visit Aspen? The snow will be perfect, the town shouldn't be too busy, and finding places on cross-country tours won't be an issue. Whether you're traveling solo or with a companion, February is the ideal time for some high altitude winter recreation.
- If you want to treat your kids to an off-season treat, February can also be an excellent time to pay a visit to Mickey and friends. Disneyland is pretty empty throughout most of February, meaning the queues will be at their shortest. The weather is mild, almost all of the rides will be open, and it's a wonderful time to explore.
- If you want to escape the big freeze back east, or chill out following the excitement of Superbowl Sunday, Arizona's Scottsdale could be a great city to visit. The desert provides reliable sunshine, which always raises the spirits if you're tired of short days and chilly mornings, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Whether you love to golf, hike, climb, or shop, Scottsdale has it all.