No need to leave your pup at home for your next vacation! Discover the best pet-friendly destinations for a tail-waggingly fun trip that both you and your dog will enjoy. Pack the treats and tennis balls and head to one of these cities for dog-friendly beaches, boat rides, bars, and more.
Home to the first professional baseball team, Cincinnati is a great choice for an all-American adventure. This midwestern city was the first one founded after the American Revolution and is known today for its historic architecture.
- Take your pup to cheer on the Cincinnati Reds at the stadium's biannual "Bark in the Park" event!
- Stroll through Findlay Market with your pooch, grab a bite to eat, and take-in the street performances.
- Stretch your legs with a hike through Rowe Woods. Don't forget to pack water and doggy biscuits!
Oregon's largest city, Portland, is a westcoast spot with just as much spunk as style. Visitors are never bored with a notable music scene to explore (home of Ellot Smith, the Decemberists, the Shins) and art exhibits to visit.
- Crack open a cold one with your furry friend at Lucky Laborador Beer Hall. Enjoy the dog-friendly patio and order the "Dog Day IPA."
- Chimney Park boasts a five-acre area where you can let your pup off-leash for some catch or tug-of-war.
- Spoil Fido with a shopping spree at Nature's Pet Market. This shop is stocked with fashionable threads, special treats, and more!
Sitting over 6,000 feet above sea level, a vacation to Colorado Springs is worth the hike. Outdoorsy types flock to Colorado Springs to take in beautiful scenery and be one with nature.
- At Colorado Spring's famous Bear Creek Dog Park, your pooch can make some furry friends, explore 25 acres of greenery, and relax in the shade.
- Peterson Air and Space Museum is a pet-friendly facility where you and Spot can learn about rocketships together.
- Grab a bite to eat at Sonterra Grill. The southwestern style cuisine is delicious and their menu includes biscuits for your dog to enjoy too!
Ranked as one of the top cities where Americans wished they lived, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Tampa makes the list for the dog-friendliest too! The amazing weather and sunshine will surely make this city a favorite vacation spot.
- First stop, Picnic Island Beach! This dog-friendly beach is the perfect place for your friend to frolick in the water and cool off on a warm summer day.
- Buckle-up the leash and head down to the Lakeland Downtown Curbside Farmer's Market to enjoy an afternoon shopping and eating with your pup.
- Bo's Ice Cream has cold treats for you and your dog. The stand is known for its dog-safe ice cream delights!
One of the fastest-growing US cities, Austin is booming with culture and fun for holiday seekers to enjoy. Whether you're in town for the SXSW Film Festival or just to take in the outdoors, a trip to this city will surely keep you coming back.
- Your pup will have a blast at Austin's Auditorium Shores. This off-leash haven is the perfect spot to play catch and splash around in Ladybird Lake.
- Banger's Sausage House is a hip Austin hangout loved by pups and humans alike! Known for their meats, their menu includes craft beer and dog-friendly sausages.
- If retail therapy is what you need, head over to The Domain shopping area and stroll the shops with your beloved pup. Dogs are allowed in most of these stores!
You will find this dog-friendly vacation spot at the base of the Ozark Mountains and along the stunning Arkansas River. Once called the "Oil Capital of the World," Tulsa has come a long way from its beginnings in the oil industry.
- The premiere dog park in Tulsa is Biscuit Acres. Make sure to drop by one of their many events like the "Pancakes for Pooches" party.
- Take an afternoon to drop by The Dog Dish on E 51st Street. This doggy boutique has anything your pup's heart desires! Toys, treats, clothing, and more.
- Enjoy a peaceful walk in the wilderness and visit Turkey Mountain. You and your pooch can explore the forest and take in some breathtaking views.
Known as the "City of Lakes," Minneapolis is the perfect getaway for making long-lasting memories.
- Lake of the Isles Dog Park is the place to be to meet other pups and owners. Your dog can run and play off-leash while you relax by the water.
- Post up at Bryant-Lake Bowl with your pooch and watch bowlers hit some strikes. Order a beer and some water for your four legged friend, and enjoy!
- Start your day with breakfast at Bread and Pickle. The outdoor patio has plenty of space for you and your pup and their menu includes homemade dog treats.
One of America's oldest cities, Boston has a lot to offer with beautiful parks, delicious food, and a charming east coast feel. Enjoy the views of the Charles River and have a memorable night out at Fenway Park.
- Cambridge Brewing Company has a dog-friendly patio where you and your pup can enjoy views of Kendall Square. Make sure to order a pint of the Cambridge Amber.
- Head to Boston Harbor to hop on the Dog Cruise that departs weekly on Saturdays. Your dog will be in heaven coasting along with you on this 25 min. boat ride.
- Just outside of the downtown area sits the Charleston Navy Yard. This 30 acre park is a hotspot for the dogs of Boston with plenty of space to run and play.
Boise is situated in southwestern Idaho and holds the title of the state's largest city. Stroll through the quaint downtown, enjoy the cool breeze, and relax as you embrace the midwestern lifestyle.
- All areas of Redwood Park can be enjoyed by your dog off-leash! Play some fetch or tug of war with your furry friend in Boise paradise.
- While in Boise, you must grab some grub at the Westside Drive-In! Outdoor tables are dog-friendly and the menu is delicious.
- Enjoy a pint with your pup by your side at the Dutch Goose. Come on gameday and watch your favorite team play on TV!
Chicago is the midwest's largest city and sits along Lake Michigan. With many different neighborhoods, it's a mixing pot of diverse nationalities and cultures which is what makes the city so unique. Plus, its home of the deep dish pizza!
- Not to be confused with the home of the Chicago Cubs, Wiggly Field is Chitown's most popular dog park.
- In the summer months, take Fido over to the dog-friendly beach at Belmont Harbor. Nothing beats splashing around in Lake Michigan!
- Twice a year US Cellular Field opens its gates to four-legged furballs. Take your pooch to cheer on the Chicago White Sox baseball team!
Dubbed "The West's Most Western Town," Scottsdale has a cowboy vibe remniscent of the olden times of the wild west. The warm weather and countless spas make this city the ultimate destination for relaxation and pampering.
- Altitude Coffee Lab's location along the lake makes it a favorite spot to hang out. Fido can come along and take in the scenery while you finish your latte.
- Vista del Camino dog park offers you and your pup a half acre to run, jump and play. Cool down with a water break in the shade of one of its many trees.
- Wine tasting with your pooch--does anything sound as amazing? The Su Vino Winery welcomes visitors and their dogs to their outdoor tastings.
Located in central Florida, Orlando is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations thanks to a certain famous theme park: Walt Disney World. The year-round warm tropical climate doesn't hurt either!
- Fluffy will really have her ears flapping in the wind on a Big Toho Airboat ride. Speed around the swamps together on one of their guided dog-friendly tours.
- Cristo's Cafe is a dog-friendly diner that serves up famously delicious fare. Whether you're craving french fries or breakfast sausage, you won't leave hungry!
- An afternoon at Barber Dog Park can't be missed! This off-leash sanctuary is popular with the pups with agility equiptment that serves as a playground.