Each summer, the Indiana State Fair brings you live entertainment, fairground fun, fabulous food, and eclectic music for two weeks of revelry. Whether you’re interested in traditional livestock shows and educational exhibitions, or simply wish to enjoy the entertainment, from circus acts to live concerts, the Indiana State Fair has something for you and your family.
Our Top Offers Near Indiana State Fair
Must-Try Foods at the Indiana State Fair
Each year, the team at the Indiana State Fair is dedicated to bringing you the most delicious foods found state-wide. Don’t eat too much at breakfast time! Visitors who leave the comfort of their Indiana State Fair hotels at mealtime will be rewarded with an array of delicious treats. Here are some foods not to miss:
1. Funnel cake
No state fair is complete without a funnel cake stand. A sweet and crispy free-form doughnut, covered in powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries, makes this an absolute must-have.
2. Chili mac corn dog
A turkey dog stuffed with jalapenos, chili, and mac and cheese is yours to be enjoyed at the Indiana State Fair.
3. Smoked brisket
You won’t regret sampling the delicious, slow-cooked beef, usually served in a soft bun.
4. Fried chicken and waffles
Succulent pieces of fried chicken are doused in maple syrup and powdered sugar, and wrapped in a hot waffle. Delicious!
5. Hatch green chili beef meatballs:
The Indiana Beef Cattle Association will be serving these tasty treats on the South Side of the fair.
Explore Accommodations Near Indiana State Fair
Top Attractions at the Indiana State Fair
With all the fun offered, it’s small wonder that Indiana State Fair vacation rentals book up early. Choose from a wide range of attractions, from family fun to live music events.
1. Big Top Circus
New in 2018, the Big Top Circus offers three free shows every day, and with a 1,600 seat capacity, it’s bound to be popular. Be sure to pop in with the kids for a show at least once!
2. Suburu Skyride
Get a bird’s eye view of the fair aboard the Suburu Skyride. Thirty-five feet above the ground, 90 cars carry passengers right over the top of the fair, between the Swine Barn and the Midway, letting you get a new perspective of the goings-on.
3. Baird’s Exotic Animal Experience
Ostriches, buffaloes, and camels are just some of the exotic animals vying for your attention at this fantastic exhibit.
4. Pioneer Village
Learn about the pioneers and their way of life. Here you can enjoy an antique tractor exhibition, farm toy show, and fiddle contest, and learn some new tasty recipes at the ice cream crank-off.
5. MetroPCS Family Fun Park:
Open daily between 9am and 8pm, the MetroPCS Family Fun Park is the perfect place to entertain the little ones. An interactive mock farm, pony rides, go-karts, and historic train make this a must-visit attraction for families.
Great Places to Stay Near Indiana State Fair
Top Tips to Know Before You Go to the Indiana State Fair
Running for 17 days throughout August, the Indiana State Fair showcases agriculture and entertainment alike and is perennially popular with both locals and out-of-towners. Therfore, visitors booking Indiana State Fair hotels should be sure to do so early, so as not to miss out. Here are a few more tips:
While the fair is open daily between 9am and 9pm, the parking lots open at 8am. There is a small fee for parking, and those leaving their vehicles in the furthest lot (46th Street) can take advantage of the free shuttle service that operates every 20 minutes between 10am and 11pm. There is accessible parking inside Gate 6 and Gate 1.
Smoking is not permitted in the main fair, but designated areas will be stationed around the fairgounds for smokers.
3. Curfew hours
Unaccompanied teens aged 15, 16, or 17 must not be outside anywhere in Marion County between 1am and 5am weekends, before 5am Mondays through Fridays, and after 11pm Sundays through Thursdays. It is unlawful for any child younger than 15 to be unaccompanied by an adult between 11pm and 5am any day of the week. For more information, contact security at (317) 927-7520.
4. Breastfeeding mothers
There are two designated lactation stations for breastfeeding mothers: one at the Public Safety Center, and the other at Hook’s Historic Drug Store.
Recommended Accommodations Near Indiana State Fair
Visit These Other Popular Events
- California State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- SXSW Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ohio State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Arizona State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Iowa State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Wisconsin State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Austin City Limits Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Kentucky Derby Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Eastern States Exposition Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Illinois State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Nebraska State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Lollapalooza Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Washington State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- The Great New York State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- North Carolina State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Mardi Gras Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Ultra Music Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Comic-Con San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Texas State Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Essence Festival Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Rose Bowl Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Bonnaroo Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Fryeburg Fair Hotels & Vacation Rentals