Florida is one of the most family-friendly vacation destinations in the world. You’ll find an array of theme parks and beaches galore, along with accommodations and restaurants catering to kids. Add Florida's warm weather to this mix, and it's no wonder the beautiful Sunshine State usually tops the list for fun family vacations.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Family Vacation in Florida: Top Destinations
Planning the Ideal Family Vacation in Florida
Family Vacation in Florida: Top Accommodations
The Best Destinations for Family Vacations in Florida
While there are lots of fantastic destinations in Florida that are great choices for your family vacation, here's a selection of popular locations you need to consider. It all comes down to what you want to see and do as a family.
Known as the theme park capital of the world, Orlando is clearly the number one family destination when it comes to all things entertainment. There's so much here for the whole family to enjoy, including thrilling rides, water parks, and relaxing resort areas.
2. Clearwater Beach
Only 25mi west of Tampa, Clearwater Beach sports perfect white sands. Go for educational opportunities like interesting museums, going on a dolphin cruise, or checking out an aquarium to learn about local marine life.
The Magic City provides plenty of educational experiences for you and your kids to enjoy. There’s the Miami Children's Museum to test imaginations, or explore the biodiversity of the Everglades. Soak up the sun at gorgeous beaches, and even ride a hop-on, hop-off double-decker bus.
4. Anna Maria Island
A 9mi drive west of Bradenton brings you and your family to gorgeous Anna Maria Island, where the classic Florida vibe here is sure to win your hearts. You’ll find a selection of quaint stores and charming restaurants. Get some rental bikes or ride the free trolley to explore this picturesque island.
Best Places to Stay for Family Vacation in Florida
Things to Do During Your Family Vacation in Florida
Besides an array of activities ranging from beachcombing to scuba diving, Florida is an ideal family vacation destination both in and out of the water. There’s opportunities for adventure and learning about new cultures.
1. Aquatic Fun for Everyone
Florida's famed coastline offers seemingly endless opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and beachcombing. Kayak along the abundant mangroves to view bird rookeries, dolphins, and manatees. Miami's expansive Venetian Pool has been welcoming visitors to its aquifer-fed waters since 1923, a great way to spend a warm South Florida afternoon.
2. Go Day-tripping
From Miami, it’s 64mi south to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, near the beginning of the Florida Keys, where your family will love snorkeling with the tropical fish, or simply viewing them from a glass-bottom boat. From Anna Maria Island, it’s a quick 22mi to Sarasota, where you can explore its unique cultural scene or relax at one of its many fine keys, or islands.
3. Theme Park Adventures
Jungle Island in Miami offers a popular tropical bird exhibit, and unique twin orangutans. Orlando is home to SeaWorld Orlando, Walt Disney World, LegoLand, and Universal Studios Florida. Buccaneer Bay Water Park at Weeki Wachee Springs offers an array of thrilling waterslides on a white sand beach.
4. Get Educated
A 55mi drive east of Orlando brings you to Cape Canaveral, home to the Kennedy Space Center, where you can explore exhibits related to the US space program, or even see a rocket launch. Gatorland offers visitors the chance to learn about Florida's iconic wildlife, including its collection of rare giant white alligators.
Recommended Accommodations for Family Vacation in Florida
What to Pack for Your Family Vacation in Florida
Florida's climate generally requires casual lightweight clothing that can be easily mixed and matched. Comfort, convenience, and versatility are the key.
1. A Mix of Clothing
It’s a good idea to take two or more of each piece of clothing, especially swimwear. That way one set can be drying, while the other is being worn. Clothing that can be worn in light layers is always a good idea, as it may get cooler in the evening hours.
2. Saving Space
If you roll up clothing in your luggage instead of laying them flat, you’ll fit more into your bags overall. Space saver bags you can vacuum excess air out of are great for saving space and weight.
3. Packing with Your Kids
If you’re flying with your kids, set them up with backpacks including a change of clothes, a swimsuit, necessary medication, and hygiene necessities. Let your kids pick out a treat and their favorite toys to include in their packs. Involve them in the packing process, with your helpful supervision.
4. Enjoying the Florida Sunshine
To protect everyone from the warm, yet intense sun, be sure to pack sunscreen with a good SPF factor. Hats and sunglasses will also keep you adequately shielded from UV rays.
Top Offers for Family Vacation in Florida
Information about Family Vacations in Florida
|📏 Average home size||198 m²|
|🥳 Busiest month||July|
|🛏️ Popular home types||Apartment rental and House rental|
|🌡️ Hottest months||August and June|
|❄️ Coldest months||55 °F in February and January|
|🌧️ Rainiest months||July and August|
Frequently Asked Questions
How many family accommodations are available to rent in Florida?
There are more than 359,568 family accommodations in Florida with prices starting at $60 per night.
What types of vacation homes are available for Family Vacations in Florida?
We would suggest choosing from our selection of Apartment rental and House rental for Family Vacations in Florida.
Family Vacations in Florida: How much does it cost to rent a vacation home in Florida?
On average, you can get a great vacation rental for somewhere between $305 and $497 and find discounts up to 56%!
Can I find a vacation home for a group of guests for Family Vacations in Florida?
Usually the size of a House rental is 198 m² and can fit 9 people on average which is ideal for large groups.
How much does a large family house cost to rent in Florida?
The price of a large vacation rental in Florida can range from $305 and can go up to $497 per night during the high season in March.
The Weather in Florida
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Florida
Vacation Rental Price Information in Florida
Vacation Rental Availability in Florida
Rental availability information in Florida
Family Vacations in Florida Inspiration
- Family Vacation in Alaska
- Family Vacation in Arkansas
- Family Vacation in Boston
- Family Vacation in Cape Cod
- Family Vacation in Chicago
- Family Vacation in Denver
- Family Vacation in Destin
- Family Vacation in Georgia
- Family Vacation in Key West
- Family Vacation in Lake Tahoe
- Family Vacation in Las Vegas
- Family Vacation in Louisiana
- Family Vacation in Maine
- Family Vacation in Maui
- Family Vacation in Miami
- Family Vacation in Michigan
- Family Vacation in Minnesota
- Family Vacation in Montana
- Family Vacation in Myrtle Beach
- Family Vacation in Nashville
- Family Vacation in New Jersey
- Family Vacation in New Mexico
- Family Vacation in New Orleans
- Family Vacation in New York
- Family Vacation in New York City
- Family Vacation in Oregon
- Family Vacation in Orlando
- Family Vacation in San Antonio
- Family Vacation in San Diego
- Family Vacation in San Francisco
- Family Vacation in Seattle
- Family Vacation in South Carolina
- Family Vacation in Tennessee
- Family Vacation in Vermont
- Family Vacation in Virginia Beach
- Family Vacation in Washington D.C.
- Family Vacation in West Virginia
- Family Vacation in Wisconsin
- Family Vacation in Wyoming
- Family Vacation in the Florida Keys
- Family Vacation in the Smoky Mountains
- Family Vacations in Arizona
- Family Vacations in California
- Family Vacations in Colorado
- Family Vacations in Hawaii
- Family Vacations in Indiana
- Family Vacations in New England
- Family Vacations in North Carolina
- Family Vacations in Ohio
- Family Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Family Vacations in Texas
- Family Vacations in Virginia
- Family Vacations in the South
- Family Vacations on the East Coast
- Smoky Mountains Family Vacations
Top Vacation Ideas in Florida
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Road Trips in Florida
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Skiing in Ohio
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- New Mexico State Parks
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Surfing Vacations in California
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Indiana State Parks
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Must-See Events in California
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Road Trips in Ohio
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Iowa
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Summer Vacations in Oregon
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- New York Music Venues
- California Music Venues
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- California Christmas Vacation
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- New York State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Vermont
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Florida
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Kansas State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Kentucky
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Colorado
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Summer Vacations in Arkansas
- December Travel in East Coast
- Airbnbs in Georgia
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Massachusetts
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- March Vacations in East Coast
- Lake Cabins in Texas
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Florida
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Connecticut
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in North Carolina
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Arizona Music Venues
- Colorado Music Venues
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Georgia State Parks
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Family Vacation in Utah
- March Vacations in Hawaii
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- December Travel in California
- Washington State Parks
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- South Carolina State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Oklahoma
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Maryland
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Pennsylvania
- Spa Getaways in New Jersey
- Ranch Vacation in Wyoming
- Summer Vacation East Coast
- December Travel in Florida
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Montana
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Active Family Vacations
Family Summer Vacation
Winter Sun Travel