Choose the perfect vacation rental
Beach Vacation in Florida: Top Destinations
Escape to the Gulf Coast on Florida Beach Vacations
Beach Vacation in Florida: Top Accommodations
The Best Beaches in Florida
With beaches lining the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic, Florida boasts several worth visiting. Consider the following beaches for your Florida vacation.
1. Clam Pass County Park, Naples
Located in North Naples, Clam Pass extends across coastal dunes and mangrove forest. A beach concession stand offers beach equipment rentals such as windsurfers and kayaks, as well as food and drinks. There’s a free tram that transports visitors in the park.
2. Clearwater Beach, Clearwater
With lovely sand and flat terrain, Clearwater Beach offers the perfect setting for a game of volleyball or paddleball, and the kids will love running around. In the evening, join locals and other visitors at Pier 60 to watch the sunset.
3. Crescent Beach, Siesta Key
This public beach is famous for its quiet and secluded white sands and stunning blue waters. Its southernmost part offers plenty of opportunities for diving and snorkeling and is rich in marine life and coral formations.
4. Grayton Beach State Park, Grayton Beach
Named after its clear, emerald-green water, this mile-long beach features white sands and is excellent for sunbathing and swimming. It’s also great for birdwatching, hiking, kayaking, and canoeing.
5. Venice Municipal Beach, Venice
From sand volleyball courts and boardwalks to a picnic area and a concession stand for snacks, Venice Municipal Beach has it all. Keep your eyes peeled for shark teeth. For something different, stop at the Venice Area Audubon Rookery and watch the egrets and herons.
Best Places to Stay for Beach Vacation in Florida
Things to Do During Your Beach Vacation in Florida
There’s a lot to do under the sun in Florida, whether you're seeking beach activities or you want to explore the nooks and crannies that give the state its real character. Here are the top activities to add to your to-do list.
Florida’s national parks boast mangrove swamps, lagoons, and barrier islands. Visit the Big Cypress National Preserve to see manatees and wading birds, and even sharks giving birth. At Biscayne National Park, you can spot sponges, coral, and a vast population of lobsters.
All of Florida’s public beaches allow fishing, so grab your poles and cast nests and put your abilities to the test. At Jacksonville, be sure to get kingfish, which makes for a tasty meal. Stop at the Mosquito Lagoon and winch up speckled trout, snook, or red and black drum.
3. Treasure hunting
The Spanish ships that sunk along the gulf coast in the 18th century make Florida a hotspot for treasure hunters. Stop at Sebastian Inlet or Wabasso Beach and see if you’ll be lucky to go home with jewels, gold, or silver.
Pedaling through Florida’s beach towns may be the best way to see the sights and get closer to nature. Bicycle lanes, crosswalks, and slower speed limits make most beaches family-friendly places to bike. Popular biking destinations include Sanibel Island, Cedar Key, and South Beach, Miami.
Florida has scenic waterways suitable for watersports for all ages and skill levels. Paddleboard through mangroves and coastal dune lakes as you marvel at the native wildlife. Santa Rosa Beach, Destin, and St. Petersburg are some of the best paddleboarding destinations.
Recommended Accommodations for Beach Vacation in Florida
What to Pack for Your Beach Vacation in Florida
Florida is a fantastic holiday destination. To make the most of it, ensure you have all the essentials in your suitcase. Consider packing the following when planning a Florida beach vacation.
Bring casual attire. A few pairs of versatile jeans and shorts, T-shirts, and short-sleeved shirts will do. Some dressier items may come in handy if you’re planning on sampling some of Florida’s fine dining.
Carry a good pair of open-toed sandals for strolling on the beach. You’ll need light sneakers to wander through the streets of beach towns, while flip-flops are essential for relaxing by the poolside of your vacation rental.
3. Protection from the elements
If you plan to visit in late spring or fall when it’s usually rainy, arm yourself with an umbrella. Pack a jacket or light cardigan for air-conditioned spaces, as well as a hat and sunglasses when the sun gets hotter.
4. Tech gadgets
Carry a good camera with sufficient memory and battery power for making snapshots to show your friends back home.
For safety purposes, make copies of your passports and credit cards, and tuck away the originals and prints separately.
Top Offers for Beach Vacation in Florida
Frequently Asked Questions
Florida Beach Vacations: How much does it cost to rent a vacation rental in Florida?
You can get an incredible rental from $310 and find discounts up to 65%!
Can I find a vacation home for a large group for Florida Beach Vacations?
The average size for a House rental is 201 m² and can fit 9 people on average which is ideal for large groups.
What types of vacation homes are available for Florida Beach Vacations?
There is a lot of Apartment rental and House rental that are great for Florida Beach Vacations.
The Weather in Florida
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Florida
Vacation Rental Price Information in Florida
Vacation Rental Availability in Florida
Rental Availability Information in Florida
Florida Beach Vacations Inspiration
- Beach Vacations in Maine
- Beach Vacations in Myrtle Beach
- Beach Vacations in New England
- Beach Vacations in New Jersey
- Beach Vacations in North Carolina
- California Beach Vacations
- Cocoa Beach Vacations
- East Coast Beach Vacations
- Georgia Beach Vacations
- Michigan Beach Vacations
- Oregon Beach Vacations
- San Diego Beach Vacations
- South Carolina Beach Vacations
- Texas Beach Vacations
Top Vacation Ideas in Florida
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Family vacations in Florida
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Romantic Getaways in North Carolina
- Family Vacations in Hawaii
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Florida honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Romantic Getaways in Georgia
- Family Vacations in California
- Summer Vacations in Colorado
- Road Trips in Florida
- Family Vacations in Colorado
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Beach Vacations in Virginia
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Indiana State Parks
- Road Trips in Ohio
- New Mexico State Parks
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Must-See Events in California
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Skiing in Ohio
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Surfing Vacations in California
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- December Travel on the East Coast
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Kansas State Parks
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
- New York Music Venues
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Rhode Island State Parks
- Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- New York State Parks
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- California Christmas Vacation
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Summer Vacations in Arkansas
- March Vacations on the East Coast
- California Music Venues
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Florida
- Summer Vacations in Oregon
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Colorado
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Colorado Music Venues
- Family Vacation in Utah
- Washington State Parks
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Georgia State Parks
- December Travel in California
- March Vacations in Hawaii
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Arizona Music Venues
- Lake Cabins in Texas
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- South Carolina State Parks
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Florida New Year's Eve Destinations
- Alabama Beach Vacations
- Road Trips in New Mexico
- Ranch Vacation in Texas
- Vermont Monthly Rentals
- Summer Vacations in Wisconsin