The Keys are an Archipelago in the southeast end of mainland Florida. There are in total more than 1,700 islands, and less than 5% of those are inhabited. The islands have unique flora and fauna and a warm climate throughout the year. It is a destination for travelers who wish to surround themselves with nature, enjoy the white sandy beaches of the islands or enjoy water sports. Florida Keys vacation rentals are a great way to discover and enjoy everything this perfect destination offers.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Best Vacation Home Deals in the Florida Keys
Save up to 58%
Top-Rated Rentals and Accommodations in the Florida Keys
Book Vacation Rental Offers with the Highest User Rating
Recommended Vacation Rentals in the Florida Keys
Find your perfect vacation rental in the Florida Keys: from $95 per night
Budget-friendly Vacation Rentals in the Florida Keys
Find Fantastic yet Inexpensive Offers
Vacation rentals and apartments with air conditioning
Keep cool during your trip to Florida Keys and book a vacation rental with air conditioning.
Vacation rentals with Wi-Fi
Stay connected while traveling and book a Florida Keys accommodation with high-speed internet.
Apartments and vacation rentals with a kitchen
Cook up a feast on your next vacation and book a Florida Keys rental with full kitchen.
Popular Rental Amenities in the Florida Keys
Filters are conveniently available to help you in your search to find a beautiful accommodation in Florida Keys. Florida Keys is the ideal place to book a rental if you want a rental with a pool or you travel with your pet, as the most common features are "Pool" and "Pets allowed." You can also find a rental in the Florida Keys if you want a rental with a fireplace as 1,181 of the properties there provide "Fireplace."
Waterfront Vacation Rentals in the Florida Keys
Searching for an incredible beach house in the Florida Keys?
Price and Availability Index in Florida Keys
Vacation Rental Price Information in the Florida Keys
We rendered price information data on the above graph to give you more insights on prices in the Florida Keys. Prices in a week of February (2/10 – 2/17) go up to $861 per night, which is the highest average price in the next 12 months. On average, the most interesting prices are in a week of December (12/9 – 12/16) as the average price is only $495 per night.
Rental availability information in the Florida Keys
The availability graph shows the percentage of available rentals in the Florida Keys. It is harder to find an accommodation during a week of November (11/9 – 11/16), as 73% of the rentals are booked. More accommodations are available in a week of June (6/1 – 6/8) as the booking rate is only 31%.
The Weather in the Florida Keys
Check out the climate diagram for Florida Keys. In the next 6 months, July will have higher average temperatures. No heat wave is expected in February, where minimum average temperatures usally hit a 68° low. The rainiest month is September while the driest month is February.
7-Day Weather Forecast in the Florida Keys
Accommodations for your vacation in the Florida Keys
The 10 Best Places to Eat in the Florida Keys
1. Mrs. Mac's Kitchen: Situated in Key Largo, this restaurant has been popular with locals for years. Try their famous Key lime pie.
2. The Thirsty Mermaid: A paradise for oyster lovers in Key West, serving east coast and west coast oysters on a rotation.
3. Keys Fisheries: Head to this restaurant for fresh no-frills seafood brought in straight from the boat.
4. Lazy Days Restaurant: A local favorite that is perfect for all-day snacking and watching the boats head out to sea.
5. Morada Bay Beach: Cafe Sit with your feet in the sand and enjoy delicious options such as a crab cake BLT and stuffed lobsters.
6. Stoned Crab: Serves fish caught by their own boats in a signature dining setting.
7. The Fish: A Keys-style restaurant near the mainland that serves conch salad.
8. M.E.A.T Eatery: Featured on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" for their lobster rolls, wings, and pork rinds.
9. Lorelei Restaurant: A family-friendly spot with live music and casual dining options.
10. Chef Michael's: A Keys institution that is the only place that sells the Keys' largest fish, hogfish.
The 10 Best Beaches in the Florida Keys
1. Bahia Honda State Park: A 2.5-mile long beach with white sand, shallow turquoise water, and palm trees.
2. Sombrero Beach: This beach is situated on Marathon and offers white sands, amenities, a playground, and grassy lawns.
3. Harry Harris Park: A man-made beach that has sand shipped in when required. The nearby jetty provides protection, making this a safe place for children to swim.
4. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park: A small beach where you can easily swim to the reef from the beach and snorkel in the calm water.
5. Coco Plum Beach: This natural beach is a nesting site for endangered turtle species.
6. Higgs Beach: Here you'll find white sand, shallow water, and a number of activities such as volleyball.
7. Sandspur Beach: A small public beach with good snorkeling sites.
8. Smathers Beach: This beach has good launch sites kayakers.
9. Fort Zachary Taylor Beach: A popular beach for families as it has the safest swimming area in the Keys.
10. Dog Beach: The only beach in the Keys that allows unleashed dogs.
Toddlers, School Age, or Teenagers: Activities for All Ages
Visitors that are coming to stay in a Florida key vacation rental with kids will have many options for family-friendly activities. There are options for kids of all ages, from toddlers to teens.
The little ones will enjoy spending time at the Sheriff's Animal Farm, home to some unusual inhabitants including lemurs, emus and alligators. For younger or older teens, the Dolphin Research Center runs week-long camps based on their age range, where they can be introduced to dolphins and learn to about their behavior.
At the Key West Aquarium, guests can interact and feed marine life at the 'Touch Tank' or take a guided tour through the Turtle Hospital to learn how to help rescued marine life. However, the best way to see all the beautiful sealife the Keys has to offer is to hire a snorkle and take to the ocean.
Whether you choose to relax and enjoy the incredible surroundings, or take the family on a new adventure every day, staying in your Florida Keys vacation home creates a comfortable, more private experience for the entire family.
Florida Keys Excursions: Ecotourism, Adventure Sports and Relaxation
Booking your Florida Keys vacation rental on any of the inhabited islands of the archipelago will give travelers the chance to discover uncharted nature, explore their adventurous side and a chance to relax on one of the many gorgeous beaches or spa resorts.
The Keys Islands also present visitors with a vast array of activities. They can spend the day exploring shipwrecks and reefs at Key Largo, go scuba diving and off-shore fishing at Islamorada. At the Florida Keys there is always an adventure on the horizon for those who seek it.
An opportunity to help the environment and enjoy nature will never be far from your Florida Keys vacation rental. At the National Key Deer Refuge volunteers are welcome through the year. They help maintain the Key deers, a species of small deer with white fury tails, that only exist in the Lower Keys. The program aims to keep the deer population growing and protected.
Ecotourists with experience diving can learn from marine scientists about the natural and human threats to the reefs, and help the effort to restore the corals to health. They can get involved helping marine ecosystems thrive, while experiencing some of the most beautiful sealife on the planet.
After a day of adventuring, or after all that hard work volunteering, it is time to take care of yourself. There are several spas located around they Keys, which offer varying health and wellness treatments. Pamper yourself with facials and manicures, relax at the hands of a trained masseuse or even join a yoga class on the beach.
Key West Fishing Tournament: An Attraction on its Own
Founded over 50 years ago, the Key West Fishing Tournament lasts from March, all the way through to the end of November. It attracts more than 2,000 competitors and encourages the conservation, by releasing the fish back into the sea. If you choose to compete yourself, the tournament is an event suitable for every family member, as there are categories for men, women and children. Choose to stay in your Florida Keys vacation rental and create great family memories by the ocean.
5 Best Things to Do in the Florida Keys During Your Stay
1. Harry S Truman Little White House
Built in 1890, the Truman Little White House was used as a naval command center during the Spanish-American War and both World Wars. After 1946, it was used as President Harry S Truman's winter White House.
2. Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum lets visitors experience the place that inspired the writer during his most prolific period, and see the six-toed descendants of his many cats.
3. Dry Tortugas National Park
With sparkling waters and diverse coral and marine life, swimming, snorkelling, and diving at the Dry Tortugas National Park is a unique outdoors experience.
4. Turtle Hospital
Injured sea turtles found on Florida’s shores are brought here to convalesce. Visitors can learn about environmental challenges faced by these gentle creatures.
5. Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Home to countless butterflies, birds, and plants, the conservatory lets visitors study the animals or simply enjoy this glass-controlled habitat.
Information about vacation rentals in the Florida Keys
|🏡 Vacation rentals available||12,821 homes|
|💳 Possible discounts||up to 50%|
|🌙 Nightly prices starting at||$18|
|⭐ Popular amenities||Pool, Pets allowed and Internet|
|🐾 Pet friendly homes||2,779 homes|
|🏊 Vacation rentals with pools||10,025 homes|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average price per night for a vacation home in the Florida Keys?
The average accommodation in the Florida Keys is priced at $18 per night. If you are looking for a house rental, the nightly price is $716 on average. A apartment rental Florida Keys will cost on average $574 per night.
How many vacation rentals are available to book in the Florida Keys?
Currently there are 12,821 vacation homes available for booking for your trip.
What amenities are most popular for vacation homes in the Florida Keys?
The most popular amenities for home rentals in the Florida Keys include accommodations with: Pool, Pets allowed, and Internet.
How many vacation rentals with a pool are there in the Florida Keys?
There are 10,025 vacation homes from 19 providers in the Florida Keys.
Are dogs allowed in vacation homes in the Florida Keys?
In case if you are traveling with a dog in the Florida Keys - 22% of vacation rentals are pet-friendly.
What's the best month to travel to Florida Keys?
Florida Keys has its warmest time of year around July and August, with average nightly prices of $18.
Find the perfect Florida Keys home to match your style
Top cities to visit
- Vacation Rentals in Branson, MO
- Dallas Condos & Vacation Rentals
- Vacation Rentals in Austin
- Condos & House Rentals in Orange Beach
- Vacation Rentals in Palm Springs
- Houses & Vacation Rentals in Fort Lauderdale
- Condos & House Rentals in Tampa
- House Rentals & Condos in Phoenix
- Vacation Rentals in Siesta Key
- Vacation Rentals in Traverse City, MI
- House Rentals & Condos in Philadelphia
- Vacation Rentals in Saint Augustine
- Condo & House Rentals in Albuquerque
- Vacation Rentals in Hershey
- Vacation Rentals in Breckenridge
Top Vacation Ideas
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- South Padre Island Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Christmas Markets in Vancouver
- Christmas Markets in France
- Bali Honeymoon
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Lake Havasu Spring Break Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Family vacations in Florida
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Airbnbs in Aurora
Honeymoon in Wyoming
Lake House Rentals in Massachusetts
Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Utah
Airbnbs in Pasadena
Airbnbs in The Berkshires
Hotels with Pools in Mobile
Alabama Beach Vacations
Romantic Getaway in Orlando
Cabins with Hot Tubs in Eureka Springs
Summer Vacations in Gulf Shores
Summer Vacations in Lake Tahoe
Travel Destinations Midwest
Airbnbs at the Lake Oconee
Cape Cod Monthly Rentals
Lake Tahoe Monthly Rentals
Christmas Markets in Charlotte
Romantic Getaway in Hot Springs
Airbnbs in Twentynine Palms
Christmas Vacation in Colorado
Airbnbs in Clermont