Cincinnati, Ohio, commonly known by the locals as the Queen City, has something for everyone. You can learn about the birthplace of baseball, stroll through a vibrant downtown area, listen to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, watch the Cincinnati Ballet, and admire the city skyline. If you decide to plan a weekend trip in Cincinnati, your main task is choosing what to do and see during a short stretch in this vibrant city.
Weekend Getaways in Cincinnati: Top Accommodations
Top 5 Things to See: 48hrs in Cincinnati
Cincinnati offers plentiful activities and attractions, through a mix of great museums, parks, and performing arts venues. Regarding the museums and venues, be sure to check out what's on in advance of your trip.
1. Stroll around Eden Park
Located in the Mount Adams neighborhood, visit stunning Eden Park to stroll through 186 acres of green space filled with tree groves, lakes, magnolia gardens, and scenic sights. This is a perfect place to have an afternoon picnic under the sun.
2. Check out the Cincinnati Art Museum
The famous Cincinnati Art Museum is home to more than 60,000 works of art, some of which are 6000 years old. View masterpieces by artists such as Sandro Botticelli, Claude Monet, and many more.
3. Visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Here you can learn more about the history of America by visiting numerous exhibits which portray three centuries of American history in magnificent detail.
4. Admire the Cincinnati Music Hall
The Cincinnati Music Hall first opened in 1878. Today the facility is still a home for the performing arts and groups such as the Cincinnati Ballet, the Cincinnati Opera, and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
5. Dine at Findlay Park
Enjoy a mix of ethnic food stalls and eclectic flea markets in this historic establishment, which was built in 1855.
Best Places to Stay for Weekend Getaways in Cincinnati
Best Spots for Nightlife in Cincinnati
You may want to spend your evening at a nice restaurant enjoying a delicious meal, sip some craft cocktails, or enjoy a cold beer at a brewery. These are a few of the best areas for an evening out in Cincinnati.
Whether you want to go bar-hopping, dine in a nice restaurant, or explore the great fountains and architecture of Cincinnati, the Downtown area offers it all.
OTR, as the locals call it, is a newly revamped district in the city offering you a great choice of shops and hip bars, like the Famous Neons Unplugged and 16-Bit Bar + Arcade.
3. Mount Adams
Home to many colorful buildings, there are a number of establishments in this neighborhood ideal for a night out, such as Mount Adams Pavilion, a popular nightclub.
Recommended Accommodations for Weekend Getaways in Cincinnati
Other Popular Destinations for Weekend Getaways
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Atlanta
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Boston
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Denver
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Pittsburgh
- Weekend Getaway in Chicago
- Weekend Getaway in San Francisco
- Weekend Getaway in Seattle
- Weekend Trip in Austin
- Weekend Trip in Baltimore
- Weekend Trip in Cleveland
- Weekend Trip in Detroit
- Weekend Trip in Houston
- Weekend Trip in Indianapolis
- Weekend Trip in Kansas City
- Weekend Trip in Las Vegas
- Weekend Trip in Los Angeles
- Weekend Trip in Miami
- Weekend Trip in Minneapolis
- Weekend Trip in Nashville
- Weekend Trip in New Orleans
- Weekend Trip in Philadelphia
- Weekend Trip in Phoenix
- Weekend Trip in San Antonio
- Weekend Trip in San Diego