The city of Atlanta, Georgia has a goldmine of opportunities for travelers to enjoy. Whether you prefer historical and cultural sites, strolling through art museums and seeing mesmerizing sculptures, or hiking along trails and taking in the natural landscape, a weekend trip in Atlanta will be able to provide it all.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
City Breaks in Atlanta: Top Accommodations
Top 5 Things to See: 48hrs in Atlanta
From history to the theater, here's what do on a weekend trip in Atlanta.
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
Travelers will get the chance to visit the birthplace of the civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, Jr. During this tour, you will be able to see the restored house and original furnishing, as well as visit the crypt of this revolutionary leader.
2. Fox Theatre
Built in 1928, the Fox Theatre has been a staple of the city ever since. Travelers will get the chance to catch a Broadway musical, a rock concert, or even see a movie. Moreover, this theater is home to the largest working Moller theater organ in the world.
3. Georgia Aquarium
Located in proximity to the Centennial Park, the Georgia Aquarium offers its visitors the chance to admire a numerous amount of fresh and saltwater creatures, including whale sharks, beluga whales, dolphins, and penguins.
4. Krog Street Market
This hot spot is a great spot to visit for lunch. Many of the city's popular chefs and restaurateurs have a stall up in the Krog Street Market. No matter what your group is in the mood for, you'll be able to find it here, whether you'd prefer a smoothie or a cheeseburger.
5. The World of Coca-Cola
Not many may know that Atlanta is the birthplace of Coca-Cola. Here you can learn about the history of the beverage as well as taste other various types of products that the brand offers around the world, as you stroll through this museum.
Best Places to Stay for City Breaks in Atlanta
Best Spots for Nightlife in Atlanta
You might want to enjoy a night out sipping on a nice cocktail while overlooking Atlanta. Perhaps you'd prefer to explore the city's craft beer scene. Either way, these are the best areas for a night out in Atlanta.
Here you'll find some of the city's most enjoyable restaurants and bars, as you walk through Buckhead. A few of the top places in the area include King+Duke, Del Frisco's Grille, and 1KEPT.
Visitors will not want to miss out on an evening in Midtown. Some of the local favorite venues include Ecco, The Lawrence, and Marlow's Tavern.
There's a reason locals have coined the term "Decatur is greater." Travelers can enjoy high-class cuisine at the Kimball House, a casual eat at Chai Pani, or some cold beers at Twain's Brewpub & Billiards.
Recommended Accommodations for City Breaks in Atlanta
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Atlanta
Vacation Rental Price Information in Atlanta
Vacation Rental Availability in Atlanta
Rental Availability Information in Atlanta
Other Popular Destinations for City Breaks
- City Breaks in Atlantic City
- City Breaks in Cape Cod
- City Breaks in Charleston
- City Breaks in Gatlinburg
- City Breaks in Myrtle Beach
- City Breaks in Orlando
- City Breaks in the Catskills
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Boston
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Denver
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Pittsburgh
- Plan your Next Weekend Trip to Cincinnati
- Weekend Getaway in Chicago
- Weekend Getaway in San Francisco
- Weekend Getaway in Seattle
- Weekend Trip in Austin
- Weekend Trip in Baltimore
- Weekend Trip in Cleveland
- Weekend Trip in Detroit
- Weekend Trip in Houston
- Weekend Trip in Indianapolis
- Weekend Trip in Kansas City
- Weekend Trip in Las Vegas
- Weekend Trip in Los Angeles
- Weekend Trip in Miami
- Weekend Trip in Minneapolis
- Weekend Trip in Nashville
- Weekend Trip in New Orleans
- Weekend Trip in Philadelphia
- Weekend Trip in Phoenix
- Weekend Trip in San Antonio
- Weekend Trip in San Diego