Atlanta, one of America's great cities, is a star of the South, with plenty to keep you occupied at any time of year. Thanksgiving is an ideal time to find a mixture of traditional charm and city life. Solo travelers, friends, and families alike will have plenty to keep them busy at Atlanta vacation rentals on Thanksgiving.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
Thanksgiving in Atlanta: Top Accommodations
Where to Dine for Thanksgiving in Atlanta
Georgia is famous for its tempting delicacies, and Atlanta has a range of places to choose from when it comes to dining at Thanksgiving. Eat at family restaurants or find special settings for an unforgettable Thanksgiving date night.
1. Home Grown
All the food here is locally sourced and served in a relaxed, family-friendly setting. You'll love the delicious breakfasts and rural diner décor. The restaurant is near the downtown core towards East Atlanta.
2. Ted's Montana Grill
This is family eatery found right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Its Old West-style cuisine and traditional ambiance are sure to evoke country living as you dine at Thanksgiving.
3. The Federal
This restaurant serves up fine dining at its best. Ideal for celebrations, the menu is a mix of American and European influences that captures the spirit of tasty Thanksgiving food.
4. The Optimist
Not far from Howell Station is this classy joint, serving fantastic seafood that's traditional but with a modern twist. It's a superb alternative for something a little different when you want to eat the best local food.
Best Places to Stay for Thanksgiving in Atlanta
Where to Shop on Thanksgiving Weekend in Atlanta
Booking Atlanta hotels for Thanksgiving will place you close to a fantastic selection of shopping opportunities on Black Friday. Browse markets and malls to find souvenirs, gifts for loved ones, or just something to treat yourself to over the holidays.
1. East Atlanta Village Farmers Market
On Thursday, appreciate the calm before the storm as you browse the fresh produce of this excellent farmers market. Atlanta is famous for its peaches, so buy them fresh to eat on your trip, or preserved to bring back for friends.
2. Ponce City Market
Housed in a historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. building, this mixed market hides a wealth of unique finds in its large food hall and boutiques. Head up to The Roof for cocktails and panoramic city views.
3. Lenox Square
This upscale mall is home to many of Atlanta's best designer stores. Pick up the perfect outfit for a big night out or special family event on Thanksgiving. Alternatively, choose a luxurious gift to help make the vacation even more memorable.
4. Edgewood Retail District
This area, which includes boutiques, brand-name favorites, and restaurants, is ideal for picking up last-minute provisions for Thanksgiving or heading for a bite to eat between shopping and sightseeing.
Recommended Accommodations for Thanksgiving in Atlanta
Best Activities for Families Spending Thanksgiving in Atlanta
Families looking to enjoy Thanksgiving in Atlanta at hotels can head out to explore the city together. There are special events in Atlanta around the holidays, as well as favorites to make the most throughout the year.
1. Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon
Whether you're participating or cheering on the runners, the festive atmosphere at this relaxed marathon is sure to get you in the holiday mood. There are also Atlanta Track Club events for sporty families to stay fit together.
2. Children's Museum of Atlanta
Your kids will never want to leave this magnificent place just next to Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta. Its permanent exhibits include Gateway to the World, where you'll travel across six continents, and Let Your Creativity Flow, where kids can draw on the wall for once! The museum suits guests aged 0 to 8.
3. World of Coca-Cola
This fun museum explores the history of the world's most famous soft drink – grab an Atlanta CityPass and save up to 40% here and many other places. An alternative is the Atlanta Aquarium, which is practically next door.
4. Cascade Springs Nature Preserve
Want to escape it all and bond with nature? Take the family on a mini-retreat to this oasis of calm, with waterfalls and charming trails through the woods. The colors are simply beautiful in fall. What's more, it's only 20 minutes' drive from downtown Atlanta, so you can easily come for a quick morning hike and be back in time for a big Thanksgiving lunch as a reward.
Top Offers for Thanksgiving in Atlanta
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Atlanta
Vacation Rental Availability in Atlanta
Atlanta Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Asheville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Austin Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Boston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- California Thanksgiving Getaway
- Charleston Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Chicago Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Florida Thanksgiving Getaway
- Gatlinburg Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Las Vegas Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Los Angeles Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Nashville Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- New Orleans Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- New York City Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Orlando Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Plymouth Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Portland Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- San Diego Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- San Francisco Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Seattle Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving
- Tennessee Thanksgiving Getaway
- Thanksgiving Destinations
- Thanksgiving Getaway on the East Coast
- Williamsburg Hotels & Vacation Rentals for Thanksgiving