Arkansas, set in the southern United States, boasts more than 600,000 acres of lakes and 6,700 miles of streams and rivers. Travelers are drawn by its many parks, spring, caves, and wilderness areas, and hiking enthusiasts will love the trails in the state's rugged Ozark regions. Nature and wildlife lovers can have fun in Ozark National Forest, which spans over a million acres.
Choose the perfect vacation rental
City Breaks in Arkansas: Top Accommodations
The Best Weekend Getaway Destinations in Arkansas
Arkansas is full of places where you can have fun during your weekend getaway in the state. Invest time in exploring as many of them as possible.
Guests visiting this city in Pike County can relax in the cool waters at Diamond Springs Water Park. A trip to Lake Greeson provides the perfect opportunity to fish for black bass, catfish, crappie, and bream. Kids will enjoy the playground here. There are also various hiking trails to explore.
2. Hot Springs
Travelers can relax during the weekend at this city's many spas. Quapaw Baths & Spa provides quality massages and mineral baths. For drinks and tasty meals, visit the Ohio Club, the state's oldest bar. If you like, stick around after dinner for a night show at the club.
3. Mountain Pine
If you're looking seeking gorgeous natural surrounding and fresh air, try Mountain Pine. Scuba diving at Lake Ouachita, one of America's cleanest lakes, is also amazing. For catfish and other tasty dishes, head to Ward's Crawfish Hole, 12 miles north of Hot Springs.
4. Eureka Springs
This city in Arkansas charms visitors with its beautiful art, and there's plenty of shopping opportunities downtown. At Lake Leatherwood, there's a park and garden perfect for picnicking. And you can't miss the enormous Christ of the Ozarks statue.
5. Mountain View
The largest city in Stone County, Mountain View, is home to Ozark Folk Center State Park. Here, guests listen to folk music, watch traditional mountain dances, view a variety of crafts, and taste different dishes. There are caves and trails waiting to be explored at Blanchard Springs Caverns.
Best Places to Stay for City Breaks in Arkansas
Things to Do During Your Weekend Getaway in Arkansas
Weekend visitors to Arkansas have a plethora of activities to choose from – just choose what tickles your fancy!
1. Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
This museum in Bentonville, a must-see, features the works of artists such as Benjamin West, Gilbert Stuart, and Theodore Robinson.
2. Southland Park Gaming and Racing
Visit this casino in West Memphis for a weekend of gaming with your friends. The entertainment is unlimited, with more than 400 greyhound races taking place here per year.
3. Fayetteville Downtown Square & Gardens
Stroll downtown and browse through the vendors' many offerings, such as flowers, gifts, and decorations. There's also a weekend farmers' market from April to November.
4. Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center
Learn about the region's bathhouse era and unwind in the beautifully decorated relaxation areas at the Fordyce Visitor Center. There's also a gym on the top floor.
Recommended Accommodations for City Breaks in Arkansas
What to Pack for Your Weekend Getaway in Arkansas
A few items will come in handy during your weekend getaway in Arkansas. Make a packing list to ensure that you bring only what you need.
During weekend getaways in Arkansas in summer (late April-late June), light clothing would be appropriate. For the colder months (late November–late February), pack heavier clothes. You'll also want to bring your hiking gear if you plan to hike in the Ozarks.
2. Fishing equipment
Fishing enthusiasts heading to Lake Greason should bring hooks, line, bait, spears, and nets – though you may be limited by baggage regulations if you're flying. If you're just starting, consider taking a digital fishing guide.
3. Sporting equipment
If you're looking forward to getting active, you may want to bring the appropriate gear. For instance, if you're heading to Lake Ouachita, think about packing scuba gear. You could also rent gear locally.
Among other electronic gadgets, cameras are indispensable on Arkansas weekend getaway. Capture the special moments with your family to show people back home.
5. Driver's license
If you're planning on driving during your Arkansas getaway, remember to bring your license. Self-driving adventures let you see a different side of the state, and you don't have to be limited by public transportation schedules or pay for taxis.
Top Offers for City Breaks in Arkansas
Weekend Getaway in Arkansas Inspiration
- City Breaks in Atlantic City
- City Breaks in Cape Cod
- City Breaks in Catskill
- City Breaks in Charleston
- City Breaks in Gatlinburg
- City Breaks in Long Island
- City Breaks in Massachusetts
- City Breaks in Montana
- City Breaks in Myrtle Beach
- City Breaks in New Mexico
- City Breaks in Orlando
- City Breaks in Rhode Island
- City Breaks in the Catskills
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Atlanta
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Boston
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Denver
- Plan Your Next Weekend Trip to Pittsburgh
- Plan your Next Weekend Trip to Cincinnati
- Weekend Getaway in Chicago
- Weekend Getaway in Iowa
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Weekend Getaway in Kentucky
- Weekend Getaway in Maine
- Weekend Getaway in Maryland
- Weekend Getaway in Minnesota
- Weekend Getaway in Missouri
- Weekend Getaway in New England
- Weekend Getaway in New Hampshire
- Weekend Getaway in New Jersey
- Weekend Getaway in New York City
- Weekend Getaway in North Carolina
- Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Weekend Getaway in Oklahoma
- Weekend Getaway in Oregon
- Weekend Getaway in Pennsylvania
- Weekend Getaway in San Francisco
- Weekend Getaway in Seattle
- Weekend Getaway in South Carolina
- Weekend Getaway in Tennessee
- Weekend Getaway in Texas
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Weekend Getaway in Washington D.C.
- Weekend Getaway in West Virginia
- Weekend Getaway in Wisconsin
- Weekend Getaway in the Midwest
- Weekend Getaway in the Northeast
- Weekend Getaway in the South
- Weekend Trip in Austin
- Weekend Trip in Baltimore
- Weekend Trip in Charlotte
- Weekend Trip in Cleveland
- Weekend Trip in Detroit
- Weekend Trip in Houston
- Weekend Trip in Indianapolis
- Weekend Trip in Kansas City
- Weekend Trip in Las Vegas
- Weekend Trip in Los Angeles
- Weekend Trip in Miami
- Weekend Trip in Minneapolis
- Weekend Trip in Nashville
- Weekend Trip in New Orleans
- Weekend Trip in Philadelphia
- Weekend Trip in Phoenix
- Weekend Trip in San Antonio
- Weekend Trip in San Diego
- Weekend Trip in the Bay Area
- Weekend Trip on the East Coast
- weekend getaway in Louisiana
- weekend getaway in Michigan
- weekend getaway in Vermont
- weekend getaway in Washington