Choose the perfect vacation rental
Beach Vacation in Alabama: Top Destinations
Alabama Beach Vacations: Discover Some of the Best Gulf Beaches
Beach Vacation in Alabama: Top Accommodations
The Best Beaches in Alabama
Alabama’s coastline features several beaches, each with their own character. Take a look at the selection below and pick your favorite.
1. Gulf Shores Main Public Beach
The Gulf Shores area consists of several beaches, of which the Main Public Beach, also called Gulf Place, is a favorite among visitors and locals alike. The beach is close to the town’s many seafood restaurants, bars, and shops. What’s more, the public facilities have been upgraded at the beach, providing all you need for a comfortable and funfilled day.
2. Orange Beach
Orange Beach is set on the easternmost point of Alabama’s Gulf coast, bordering Florida. This family-friendly beach is known as a watersport hub and for its fishing – cast a line either from the beach or from one of the piers. The town also features an entertainment district called the Wharf, where you can spend the evening after a day on the beach.
3. Dauphin Island
This hidden gem is often bypassed by visitors. However, if you’re looking for a quiet, relaxed, and low-key destination, Dauphin Island could be your top pick. It has a pet-friendly beach, and is a birdwatcher’s paradise: it’s part of the Alabama Coastal Birding Trail and features a bird sanctuary. And the city of Mobile is within an hour’s reach, in case you need a taste of urban life.
4. Fort Morgan
The Fort Morgan peninsula, a unique destination, features a historic fort surrounded by water and beaches on three sides. The fort can be accessed for a small entrance fee. The quiet and serene beach is a good place to get away from the crowds, and since much of the area belongs to the Bon Secour Nature and Wildlife Refuge, it’s also a great spot to enjoy nature and watch birds and other animals.
5. Gulf State Park
At Gulf State Park, you’ll find beautiful, undeveloped beaches and plenty of opportunities to get active and explore the natural surroundings. Head out on the various hiking and biking trails, check out the nature center, outdoor classroom, and fishing lake, or go ziplining, paddleboarding, or kayaking.
Best Places to Stay for Beach Vacation in Alabama
Things to Do During Your Beach Vacation in Alabama
You’ll likely spend a lot of your time relaxing on the beach. But if you’re ready for a break from the beach, there are also plenty of other activities on offer!
1. Water recreation
Alabama’s beaches’ wide range of watersports appeals to travelers wanting to get active. Popular activities include snorkeling, diving, paddleboarding, kayaking, surfing, parasailing, jetskiing, fishing, and dolphin watching.
2. Nature and wildlife
Get close to nature at the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. These 7,000 acres of protected land are home to the endangered Alabama beach mouse, several bird species, and loggerhead, Kemp's ridley, and green sea turtles.
3. Robinson Island
This small piece of paradise in the back bays near Orange Beach can only be reached by boat. Visiting the island and enjoying its serene scenery, beaches, and waters makes for a perfect day trip.
Seafood is the specialty at most Gulf restaurants. Select your favorite dish from the menu, or have your own catch cooked for you! The area’s wide variety of restaurants range from simple to chic, suiting everyone’s preferences.
The area hosts many popular festivals, such as the Wharf’s Boat and Yacht Show, the Hangout Music Festival, the National Shrimp Festival, the Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival, and the annual Oyster Cook-Off. Enhance your experience by planning your trip around these events.
Recommended Accommodations for Beach Vacation in Alabama
What to Pack for Your Beach Vacation in Alabama
Make sure you leave well prepared so you can enjoy a carefree vacation. Don’t forget to pack the following items.
1. Swim and beachwear
Pack enough swim clothes to wear every day, and some light clothes you can wear around the beach or for having drinks at the boulevard.
2. Sun protection
Be sure to protect your skin by using sunscreen with a protection factor, and protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses or a hat.
3. Books, magazines, and music
Nothing beats lying on the beach and reading a book or flipping through your favorite magazine while listening to some summer tunes on your headphones.
Top Offers for Beach Vacation in Alabama
Information about Alabama Beach Vacations
|💳 Highest rates||in June|
|😎 Least busy month||October|
|🛏️ Popular home types||Apartment rental and House rental|
|🌡️ Hottest months||June and July|
|❄️ Coldest months||36 °F in January and February|
|🌧️ Rainiest months||16 rainy days in July and March|
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of vacation rentals can I find for Alabama Beach Vacations?
We would suggest browsing our incredible selection of House rental and Apartment rental for Alabama Beach Vacations.
Alabama Beach Vacations: How much does it cost to rent a vacation rental in Alabama?
HomeToGo has great rentals for Alabama Beach Vacations, with retes as low as $59 per night.
Can I find a vacation home for a group of guests for Alabama Beach Vacations?
House rental in Alabama may fit 10 people.
The Weather in Alabama
Average Nightly Rental Prices in Alabama
Vacation Rental Price Information in Alabama
Vacation Rental Availability in Alabama
Rental availability information in Alabama
Alabama Beach Vacations Inspiration
- Beach Vacations in Maine
- Beach Vacations in Myrtle Beach
- Beach Vacations in New England
- Beach Vacations in New Jersey
- Beach Vacations in North Carolina
- Beach Vacations in Virginia
- California Beach Vacations
- Cocoa Beach Vacations
- East Coast Beach Vacations
- Georgia Beach Vacations
- Michigan Beach Vacations
- Oregon Beach Vacations
- San Diego Beach Vacations
- South Carolina Beach Vacations
- Texas Beach Vacations
Top Vacation Ideas in Alabama
- Romantic Getaways in Ohio
- Romantic Getaways in Florida
- Road Trips in Texas
- Romantic Getaways in Pennsylvania
- Romantic Getaways in Colorado
- Florida Beach Vacations
- Texas Spring Break Vacation
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia
- Road Trips in Florida
- Family Vacations in the Midwest
- Romantic Getaways in Tennessee
- Road Trips in Arizona
- Spring Break in Colorado
- Must-See Events in California
- Lake House Rentals in New Jersey
- Romantic Getaway in Idaho
- Road Trips in Vermont
- Weekend Trip Ideas in Louisiana
- Surfing Vacations in North Carolina
- Weekend Getaway in Virginia
- Honeymoon in Wyoming
- Spa Getaways in Texas
- Ranch Vacation in Colorado
- Road Trips in Ohio
- Beach Vacations in Delaware
- New Mexico State Parks
- Skiing in Massachusetts
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Iowa
- Spring Break in Hawaii
- Honeymoon in Oregon
- Colorado New Year's Eve
- Indiana State Parks
- Skiing in Ohio
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Alabama
- Surfing Vacations in California
- California Music Venues
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Vermont
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Florida
- Christmas Markets in New York
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Kentucky
- Family Vacations in Kentucky
- Summer Vacations in Arkansas
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Colorado
- Washington Christmas Vacation
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Vermont
- New York State Parks
- Massachusetts Christmas Vacation
- California Christmas Vacation
- Massachusetts Thanksgiving Getaway
- Weekend Getaway in Kansas
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Massachusetts
- Summer Vacations in Oregon
- Beach Vacations in Pennsylvania
- December Travel in East Coast
- March Vacations in East Coast
- Romantic Getaways in Oklahoma
- Airbnbs in Georgia
- Road Trips in Wyoming
- Cabins with Hot Tubs in Colorado
- Family Vacation in Missouri
- Staycations in Connecticut
- Midwest Dog Friendly Vacations
- New York Music Venues
- Summer Vacations in Pennsylvania
- Pet Friendly Rentals in Tennessee
- Kansas State Parks
- Top Destinations for a Weekend Getaway in Ohio
- Washington State Parks
- Must-See Events in South Dakota
- Spring Break in North Carolina
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Florida
- Spring Break in Oregon
- Virginia Christmas Vacation
- Spring Break in Vermont
- Romantic Getaway in Massachusetts
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Connecticut
- South Carolina State Parks
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in North Carolina
- December Travel in California
- Colorado Music Venues
- Romantic Getaway in Oregon
- Arizona Music Venues
- Christmas Markets in Pennsylvania
- East Coast Family Beach Vacations
- Georgia State Parks
- March Vacations in Hawaii
- Family Vacation in Utah
- Road Trips in Minnesota
- Summer Vacations in Alaska
- Family Vacation in Alabama
- Romantic Getaway in Montana
- Lake Cabins in Texas
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Maryland
- Airbnbs near Lake Powell
- Must-See Events in Virginia
- Staycations in California
- Summer Vacation East Coast
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Utah
- Road Trips in New Mexico
- Ranch Vacation in Wyoming
Explore More Vacation Ideas
Winter Sun Travel
Lake House Rentals